Anyone smell a Rat ?

Bugsy

I don't get what the fuss is about.  It's always been clear from the website that there would be a further release of tickets post-works.  Much more sensible than over-selling and finding out later that there wouldn't be enough. 

Sadly, I have to be in the UK for other reasons when the games are on so no doubt I'll get fleeced for the cost of crossing 20 miles of water.

[quote user="Théière"]

Whilst you are all enjoying a chuckle, have a laugh at the visitor guides.

http://projectbritain.com/behaviourfood.html

[/quote]I think my mother wrote that (apart from the optional fork for puddings - not optional but essential! - and the use of the word serviette as an alternative to napkin (very non-you and "common"[:D]).

Well-mannered children in this day and age?  Where?

Having been brought up by a raging snob, I find these manners things quite amusing but taxing at the same time.  Whilst I hope I don't  judge people by the way they behave at table and the way they speak, it's quite difficult not to shake off years of getting told off/slapped for breaking the etiquette rules so hearing people say serviette instead of napkin, pardon instead of what, lounge instead of sitting/drawing room etc etc, all still grate on me!

But I digress. 

I've been chortling at those for at least the last five years as I've scoured the internet for stuff on British Culcher to use with my students, so they weren't written with anything vaguely Olympic in mind, AFAIK. I also think they were at least partly written by, with and for primary school children as part of a larger project.

Wondering whether to induce OH to move out for the duration...we're close enough to the Rowing venues to be sitting on a potential rental goldmine.....

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I've been chortling at those for at least the last five years as I've scoured the internet for stuff on British Culcher to use with my students, so they weren't written with anything vaguely Olympic in mind, AFAIK. I also think they were at least partly written by, with and for primary school children as part of a larger project.

Wondering whether to induce OH to move out for the duration...we're close enough to the Rowing venues to be sitting on a potential rental goldmine.....
[/quote]

Maybe not written for the olympics but never the less linked from their site [:)]