Bradford Election.

pachapapa

Galloway galvanises the muslim vote.

Well done George.

Edit: galvanise may be considered to be pretentious and silly but the word does not only mean to place a layer of zinc on corrugated iron in order to stop it rusting; in the context of muslims resident in Bradford it means to get muslims of their backsides and get them collectively down to the polling stations, particularly in wards ( not a room in a hospital, but a portion of a constituency ) with a predominantly muslim population.

I find this part of his speech slightly worrysome:

They have to stop supporting illegal, bloody, costly foreign wars because one of the reasons why they were so decisively defeated this evening is that the public don't believe that they have atoned for their role in the invasion and occupation of other people's countries and the drowning of those countries in blood."

What sort of atonement does Mr Galloway have in mind I wonder ?[8-)]

Off topic: We mainly gave up picking up grammar and other use of English errors about a year after the forum started.....in any case I'm sure everyone understood exactly what I meant, which is more than I can say about quite a lot of your own posts!

Back on topic now please.

Without getting into a political discussion I think it's a great result. The UK does this quite regularly and I think it's to be applauded. Quite a few idiots from all sides of the political spectrum have fallen foul of the British electorate, so more power to them. I do also have a sneaky regard for George for being his own man, although I think that he is probably barking mad, and it should be remembered that he says; what the locals where ever he is want to hear, so others shouldn't take his rhetoric to seriously. [:D]

[quote user="pachapapa"]Word not found in the Dictionary and Encyclopedia. Did you mean:

worrisome

worrisomely yours, malcolm.

P.S. the arab spring matures to a bradford spring.[:D]

[/quote]

If you wish to be pedantic then your definition of galvanisation as placing a layer of zinc on to corrugated iron is only part of the story as flat sheet and components can and are galvanised!

[quote user="PaulT"][quote user="pachapapa"]Word not found in the Dictionary and Encyclopedia. Did you mean:

worrisome

worrisomely yours, malcolm.

P.S. the arab spring matures to a bradford spring.[:D]

[/quote]

If you wish to be pedantic then your definition of galvanisation as placing a layer of zinc on to corrugated iron is only part of the story as flat sheet and components can and are galvanised!

[/quote]

The example was not unique and exclusive; a galvanic cell works fine with Sn , Cu, Ag, etc.