Remoska problems

woolybanana

• 7 months later...
Yes we have. The first one we thought was faulty and Lakeland changed it. Now the second one is acting up. Lakeland said this is because steam finds it's way into the handle and causing a short, but I tried it this morning from cold and as soon as I plugged it in the sockets blew.

We have had all the wiring in the house replaced in the last two years and it is only the Remoska that trips the circuits.

We've had ours in France for quite a while, although not had it as long as Clair has had her's, and we've another in UK. All has been well with both, and I always turn the lid over when hot when I want to investigate, stir or whatever. I invert it over a pan, so I know it won't move.

To have a bread-maker go kaput after some 15 years of regular use is some kind of record indeed, I agree! [:D]

This afternoon, I used the Moulinex electric whisk I "borrowed" from my mother in the early 80s... It's around 40 years old and still works perfectly.

Yesterday I tried to resurrect an old Braun juicer, after Mr Clair managed to find it in the boxes of "unpacked stuff from 2003".

I did get a reasonable amount of our 2012 vendange juiced (lovely grape juice!), but it conked out after about a litre of fresh tomato juice... Replacement on its way as I type... [Www]

You must NOT put people off it, Teapot.

I've just used mine this morning for warming up the baguettes.  Now if I had to put on my ridiculously large oven, I'd have eaten the things cold and wouldn't have enjoyed them nearly as much.

[quote user="Clair"]I am puzzled by the JL's claim of an 18l "oven capacity" ...
4.75 gallons? In that little thing...? [8-)]

[/quote]

A mistake, its says 4 litres in the description, sounds tiny to me!

Halogen ovens are 11 or 7 litres and the small one is very small.

[quote user="Chancer"]

A mistake, its says 4 litres in the description, sounds tiny to me!

Halogen ovens are 11 or 7 litres and the small one is very small.

[/quote]

4 litres IS tiny.  I have a soupière that holds 4 litres and it wouldn't be big for a cooking apparatus though for a soupière, it's rather on the large side[:)]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

You must NOT put people off it, Teapot.

I've just used mine this morning for warming up the baguettes.  Now if I had to put on my ridiculously large oven, I'd have eaten the things cold and wouldn't have enjoyed them nearly as much.

[/quote]

How does it differ from a slow cooker?

The element is in the lid of a remoska and heat rises, wasting some energy/electricity. Slow cooker element in the bottom heat rises heating the food. They both use a similar amount of power and you can warm baguettes in a slow cooker.