Scotland

idun

Those scots who wanted to remain in the EU made up 4.9% of the vote. And yet on this internet, it is saying that they want to block the  court appeal and Article 50.

Frankly, if the scots are so hell bent on countering the vote, my feeling is that  Scotland leave the union and do what they want, in many many ways they already do anyway. Living in the NE of England one hears about all sorts of differences as to what is on offer in Scotland as opposed to England, strangely, never who pays for it.

It will be what it will be and I am getting sick of all this.

Sturgeon has always reminded me of a truculent Glaswegian Gorbals thug; ever ready to provide her opponents with a Glasgie Kiss! (Head butt).

Clearly, Scotland voted leave; just she cannot accept this and has already stated unequivocally, SNP MPs will vote against Brexit.

And there lies the core problem with the state of UK political "Democracy": politicians playing Party politics, rather than trying their best to represent the people.

' that would leave a little problem as to what to do with Buckingham Palace. '

Can you imagine how much rich Americans would pay to spend a night in the Buckingham Palace Hotel?

Philip could be the new Basil Fawlty and Brenda as Sybil.

[quote user="lindal1000"]Scotland voted remain by a big majority so I can see why they are annoyed.

Technically they can't be kicked out of the union. In many ways it would probably be simpler if England left, although that would leave a little problem as to what to do with Buckingham Palace.[/quote]

Surely that should read Balmoral?

regards

cajal

Ah Cajal, thank you for explaining the remark about Buck House which made no sense to me.

Balmoral, however, belongs to the queen...........left her by her mother, I believe, so her husband and sons can still wear their kilts and they can still go to the Highland games to be bored out of their minds[:D]

Until recently I have been quite sympathetic to Scotland's wish for independence, but since I discovered that the population of Scotland is only about five hundred thousand more than the population of the East Midlands I'm feeling less so.

[quote user="mint"]Ah Cajal, thank you for explaining the remark about Buck House which made no sense to me.[/quote]

I actually saw it as an attempt at humour ie the monarchy could fall.

Either way, mistake/humour....it ain't going to happen. Perhaps scotland ought to mind its p's and q's lest England decides to toss them out.

regards

cajal