Homeopathy

mint

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah mint, surely everyone who lives in France has encountered and used it. Our toubibs used to prescribe it, lots of different reasons.

Did it work, well, some probably of it did other things not so sure.

Me I like osscoccillum, I reckon that that works, there you go.

Incidentally I have known of french vets prescribing for pets.

Suppose it will always depend on how good the homeopath presciber is☺

Well, id, strengthened by your post and what I have read on the internet, I have made an appt with a homeopathe and, as there is only one anywhere near me, it took all my powers of persuasion to wrench a rdv from her.

She did sound very nice and was most reassuring, considerate too so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I think I need all the help I can get at the moment!

She said something about "prise en charge" so was she telling me that I could access her services without paying???  Happy and prepared to pay but that was a new one on me?

I think that mean that some or all of the cost is reimbursed, Mint.

My experience may be useful here; the smaller of my two dogs took to limping quite pitifully. Anxious to help, I resorted to a tried and tested homeopathic remedy which was quite simply a dog treat. Worked wonders, instant recovery, now rushing across the lawn like a springchicken.

So, yes, Mint , there is hope.

BMA says it is all psychological, by the way, no medical benefit at all. Up to you to judge.

When we lived in Gateshead our GP tried to persuade his patients to use homeopathy instead of antibiotics. For things that weren't life-threatening. He had a rebellion on his hands, many people went elsewhere.

I think I had them once, can't remember what for, or if things improved.

I think the idea is to take something that builds up the body's ability to fight whatever the problem is.

But I could be wrong.

Wishing you better health in the future, Mint [kiss].

Nice to have a range of opinions so thank you to everybody.

Some French friends and the lady who did my nails at the hospital have recommended that I saw a magnétiseur.  Now that sounds really a bit more unreliable than a homéopathe who does have to be qualified!

I have been taking, without anyone's advice other than on the recommendation of someone who had radiotherapy, some granules called apis méllifica.  She told me the dose and the name, said it was good for "le feu" and I checked with the pharmacie.  TBH, I have been rather anxious and stressed and insomniac and blow me if I didn't begin to feel more relaxed and sleeping much better!  So hers is the homéopathe that I have arranged my rdv with.

Also some skin problems left over from chemo are fading thought I suppose it would have been too much for the chemo cough to have disappeared too?[:P]

Idun wrote : Wouldn't you need a referal from your GP for a prise en charge????

Some Homeopathes are qualified doctors who chooses to offer homeopathic remedies as well as coventionnal remedies.

A friend had a worry about an internal pain .. her own médecin traitant (female) said wait and see. Sophie didn't and went to see a homeopathe (also female) who questioned her then ordered a complete scan .. which showed smthg very out of the ordinary. After an MRI scan Sophie had 2 ops to remove invasive cancerous tissue.

Some homeopathes seem to be good doctors.

Sue

Not sure if this will be of any use to you mint, but when I was diagnosed my wife fed me AHCC tablets, which are derived from mushrooms. They are used extensively in Asia, especially in Japan in treating cancer patients. I started taking them about 2 weeks before my radiotherapy started, up until then I had been passing a fair amount of mucus, which stopped before any mainstream treatment started. It may have been pure coincidence, but I personally think that it helped in my situation.

They are helpful in combating side effects also.

Two links that may be helpful:

http://ahccresearch.com

https://fr.iherb.com/search?sug=ahcc&kw=ahcc&rank=01

If not just search AHCC tablets.

Hope you are going on alright mint.

Grecian, I am fine, that is, a bit shell-shocked to be told by all the medical bods that my condition is très compliqué to treat.  But, nonetheless, day-to-day life is OK for the present.  Thank you for your good wishes.....and the links, of course![:)]

The homéopathe that I am seeing is also trained in the use of Chinese medicine so she might have a good idea of what to prescribe for me.

I had a long conversation with her on the phone today and she asked me a lot of questions.  Then, same as everyone else, la maladie est très compliquée!

Still, nothing ventured............

If it doesn't suit, I needn't continue but, should it do some good, any good at all, I shall be well pleased.

[quote user="suein56"]Idun wrote : Wouldn't you need a referal from your GP for a prise en charge????

Some Homeopathes are qualified doctors who chooses to offer homeopathic remedies as well as coventionnal remedies.

A friend had a worry about an internal pain .. her own médecin traitant (female) said wait and see. Sophie didn't and went to see a homeopathe (also female) who questioned her then ordered a complete scan .. which showed smthg very out of the ordinary. After an MRI scan Sophie had 2 ops to remove invasive cancerous tissue.

Some homeopathes seem to be good doctors.

Sue[/quote]

That is someone very special, skilled in more than one field showing above all else that they really do want to help people.

For anyone who has had a trauma/dental extraction or anything similar and hasn't been given arnica then next time something like that happens try it. It works and it calms everything down and helps with the healing.

Ask your pharmacist what strength you need. Cheap as chips too.

as for not detecting anything in it TP, I would suggest some more sensitive test kit  mate [blink] like down to PPB

There seems to be much confusion about the difference between homeopathic remedies and natural remedies.

Homeopathy relies (as has been said above) on giving magic water - water that has been dosed with something and then diluted so much that there is none of the original material there, but the water somehow "remembers" the material that was there and cures you.

Natural remedies rely on someone taking or using material based on naturally occurring materials - arnica is a good example for treating bruising, other less obvious one are foxglove - source of digitalis used in heart conditions - or aspirin - originally sourced from the bark of the willow tree.

I sense that in France homeopath is used to refer to the latter.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]That's correct from what we have read and been told by various pharmacists both here in the U.K. and in France. That's why I said PPB, parts per billion.

[/quote]

PPB would be easy to spot and test for. I mean at a molecular level where a tunnelling electron microscope cannot find any.

Water is a dipole molecule so has a positive and negative at each end. Therefore it is a binary code that could take on a pattern. Its possibly why every snowflake is different but I haven't read anything to back up that statement.

[quote user="andyh4"]There seems to be much confusion about the difference between homeopathic remedies and natural remedies.

Homeopathy relies (as has been said above) on giving magic water - water that has been dosed with something and then diluted so much that there is none of the original material there, but the water somehow "remembers" the material that was there and cures you.

Natural remedies rely on someone taking or using material based on naturally occurring materials - arnica is a good example for treating bruising, other less obvious one are foxglove - source of digitalis used in heart conditions - or aspirin - originally sourced from the bark of the willow tree.

I sense that in France homeopath is used to refer to the latter.[/quote]

There is also 'Phytotherapie' mucg recommended by my excellent Pharmacist.

I think it is Herbal medicine in English..

Slight drift here, but arnica...Mr Job says it's cheap as chips. I tried to buy some the other day in Blighty after a rather large slab of concrete landed on my foot. All my friends keep saying "put arnica on it" every time I get a bruise.

I saw the price of it and decided I'd just have the bruise.Is arnica cheaper in France? Arnica- containing products seem to run around the six or seven quid mark here, which I don't think is particularly cheap.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Slight drift here, but arnica...Mr Job says it's cheap as chips. I tried to buy some the other day in Blighty after a rather large slab of concrete landed on my foot. All my friends keep saying "put arnica on it" every time I get a bruise.

I saw the price of it and decided I'd just have the bruise.Is arnica cheaper in France? Arnica- containing products seem to run around the six or seven quid mark here, which I don't think is particularly cheap.[/quote]

Maybe get some steel toe capped boots better than getting the bruise in the first place, maybe cheaper to? [:-))]

Théière -

1. would take quite a long time to use a scanning tunneling electron microscope to find a few specific molecules in a billion attempts.. Detecting ppb is possible but not at the "molecular" level that I think you are saying.

2. When several ice crystals stick together, they form a snowflake. As snowflakes tumble through the air, swirling and spiraling, they each take a different path to the ground. Each snowflake falls and floats through clouds with different temperatures and moisture levels, which shapes each snowflake in a unique way.

Nowt to do with water being a polar molecule - note polar not dipolar or even bipolar!.

Mint :

I, and I hope you, have found this thread very informative vis homeopathic and natural definitions. Hey ho - give it a go if it isn't going to do actual harm.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Slight drift here, but arnica...Mr Job says it's cheap as chips. I tried to buy some the other day in Blighty after a rather large slab of concrete landed on my foot. All my friends keep saying "put arnica on it" every time I get a bruise.

I saw the price of it and decided I'd just have the bruise.Is arnica cheaper in France? Arnica- containing products seem to run around the six or seven quid mark here, which I don't think is particularly cheap.[/quote]

There ya go Betty. Cheep-as-chips, or should that be pillules  [:-))][8-|] About 4d a pop and you would normally take 3 pops at a time [8-|]

[quote user="richard51"]Théière -

1. would take quite a long time to use a scanning tunneling electron microscope to find a few specific molecules in a billion attempts.. Detecting ppb is possible but not at the "molecular" level that I think you are saying.

2. When several ice crystals stick together, they form a snowflake. As snowflakes tumble through the air, swirling and spiraling, they each take a different path to the ground. Each snowflake falls and floats through clouds with different temperatures and moisture levels, which shapes each snowflake in a unique way.

Nowt to do with water being a polar molecule - note polar not dipolar or even bipolar!. [/quote]

1. On the program I watched they used a computer to scan the data looking for any trace of the original compound. That search, I believe can be left running and the computer is reasonably quick.

2. Apology, written on my phone on a moving train but the snowflake is composed of different shaped ice crystals which were formed in a similar environment but yet are all different.

The dipolar nature of the water molecule

An important feature of the water molecule is its polar nature. The

water molecule forms an angle, with hydrogen atoms at the

tips and oxygen at the vertex. Since oxygen has a higher

electronegativity than hydrogen, the side of the molecule

with the oxygen atom has a partial negative charge. A molecule

with such a charge difference is called a dipole.