has anyone seen this "blood moon".....

mint

Yes .. here in southern Brittany we started peeking at 22h30 at the moon's ethereal presence .. it appeared cobwebby and pink .. but definitely not blood red. A fascinating sight, especially seen through binoculars.

Now it is 1/4 illuminated .. and is beginning to resemble our usual moon .. so I am going to bed.

Night all.

Hey, I've seen it, I've seen it!!!  At least the partial eclipse.....just the last little black bit...And now, it's full disc again, I think, but hard to tell as there are clouds drifting across it and only momentary glimpses are possible.

And, oh, how incredibly BEAUTIFUL it is!

Cloudy here too, Mint, until it was all over ... and then we vaguely saw the usual coloured moon briefly though a haze of then thinning cloud.  Covered this morning, too, but sun now breaking through, a little.

Typical, cloudless every other night too here!

Amazing sight. Thought we were going to miss it, but suddenly the clouds disappeared, could see 3 stars and then the moon! incredible-different shades of intensity, lasted about a hour and then back to normal. One of those occasions when I am sorry not to have a decent camera.

Don't know about the sudden change in the weather, Pat, but I did go through a time when I felt it makes my insomnia worse.  Now with the heat and everything else, I do rely on a little white pill for oblivion.

We had far too many clouds to see anything at all.

I have no idea how often these happen, but I do remember my first, in France in July 1982. Very memorable for many reasons, some perhaps best forgotten[:-))]

Mars is very very visible at the moment.