HUNTLEY GUILTY VERDICT

George

That evil b......d has finally been found guilty. String of previous sexual allegations and acts with young girls. May he rot in hell.

Lots of journalists milking it and stringing it out with insensitivities such as "do you think we / they can move on now"... "time for closure" etc. I hope it never happens to them. I weep for the parents who will never be able to do either.

One more pervert off the streets for good anyhow.

Georgina

Don't think too badly on the journos, some of them get very close to the case and as they will have known the background of Huntley for ages (but have had to keep quiet during the trial) it would a been a personal blow if he had got off.

John

<<<>

That may have been my thinking before, knowing how journalists hunt down stories but the parents have just thanked them on TV for their care and help, including the tapes that may have helped secure the charges in this awful case.

What astonished me, was that one juror found him not guilty of murder The juror has talked about it and I would like to see how that verdict was arrived at.

Our thoughts are with the parents of course.

Miki

And front page Midi Libre today, Estelle aged 9, who disappeared in January, and whose picture has been (it seems to me) everywhere I go - in airports, in tabacs, everywhere, and she's not even from round here (34).

The French police are now getting stuck into an unprecedentedly huge (for France) paedophile-ring hunt.

And bloody good luck to them too.

And just as a leetle afterthought, I taught for a year in a French primary school, nobody asked me for any proof of anything. No, not even my EDF bill!