General level of questions.

Jc

In the old days we got intereresting questions-like,"when I turn on my cold tap, my windmill sails go round"(OK.I know that is an exaggeration but that was the type of query we used to get).Now,all we seem to get are queries that could be answered by five seconds of effort on the requestor's part;and before anyone jumps in,I bought in France(34) in 1988 with only schoolboy French and had no problems.Does anyone else feel the same?

What,s not interesting for one person, could be interesting for another. At the end of the day what does it cost to  answer a question quicly for someone if you know the answer. Never bothers me if someone asks a question that has been asked repeatedly, or is boring,  could simply need an urgent reply and hopefully there is always someone kind enough to reply.

Janey

There are both interesting and some downright stupid posts. However, I think it is up to the user to sort the wheat from the chaff.

This site has been invaluable to me and I have recommended it to others. I try to post if I know the answer to a question - even if it looks obvious, as this is how such a valuable database builds up. If there are rubbish posts never mind - "move on" as seems to be the phrase of the moment.

Graham