Oops wrong airport

SaligoBay

Reminds me of  the time we were in Sardinia and had just left a skipper and hostess job,we caught a ferry to Sicily to catch another to malta , where our own yacht was waiting for us in the marina...only we caught a ferry called Sardinia which took us to Rome where we had to get a coach to Messina and a ferry to Malta via Sicily, that was in the carefree days BC...befor children! Mrs O

Last year,about this time my mother in-law was flying into PERPIGNAN AIRPORT.We got there nice and early.10 minutes before the plane was meant to land we found out it was touching down at another airport. Being RyanAir, no idea which. Mother in-law phone's us from Nimes and says she is in Riems. Oh s**t i think. Ask to speak to somebody else from the flight and find out it is Nimes. Coach on the way to Perp...yeah sure. One hour pases, still no news. Mother-law not a well lady. Diabetic etc ect. so have to drive from Perp to Nimes. The rain is bucketing down, accidents on the Autoroute and RyanAir staff vanished as soon as the plane landed. Good thing a nice Irish girl waited with her until we got there an hour after the coach had departed.At least we managed to bring some food with us. The entire airport was closed down. No one in sight just the mother-in-law and the nice Irish girl. SHOCKING. The airline also knew of her illnesses because you need to declare needles.

Back in the 1970s, our new "high-flyer" junior exec from Denmark never turned up on the day we expected him.  Turned out he had asked at the station for a ticket and instructions to MOORGATE (about 15 mins by tube)  - but owing to his accent he had gone all the way to MARGATE.  By the time he arrived there, found out his mistake and got back to London it wasn't worth his while to come in that day.  He said he had thought the ticket was rather expensive......

Chrissie

(81)

An amusing anecdote from the days of yore heard on My Music - remember... Steve Race.

The National Opera Company all arrived in Beyreuth for the up-coming Wagner festival but were dismayed to find no sign of all their large baskets of costumes. Reason? Chorus went to Beyreuth - right. Costumes went to Beirut - definitely not right.

Have a good day everyone.

The man at the BA check-in desk ahead of me said that he wanted to fly to Bahrain but wanted his luggage to go to Calcutta. "Oh no, we couldn't possibly do that" said the check-in person. "Why not? B A managed it last time I flew with you" came the reply.

I had the feeling that this was his party piece.