The End of Asterisks

Piprob

Alas we heard recently on the Rennovations Forum that poor Asterisks has died a sad death presumably when his site was recently overrun by I.T. Romans. He has gone the way of all Gauls, for whom political correctness was never an entirely comfortable fit. Some commentators (mostly unemployed Angles 'egged-on' by the usual bloody minded Celtish contingent), said Asterisk's closet Hun tendencies (his love/hate relationship with rape and murder) would eventually 'see him off'. It was 'plain' they said, that speaking very nicely to people and avoiding bad language merely encourages your enemies to see you as weak. And so it has proved. All we have to remember him by are a few archeological remains, now gathering dust in the archives of what we still paradoxically refer to as 'Living France'.

May he rest in Peace - poor old s*d. 

Posters beware!

[quote]Alas we heard recently on the Rennovations Forum that poor Asterisks has died a sad death presumably when his site was recently overrun by I.T. Romans. He has gone the way of all Gauls, for whom polit...[/quote]

OK - I'll bite.

Would someone please be so kind as to explain this? Words of one sylable would be nice as I am feeling somewhat gormless today.

Jond -

I think I'm right in saying that there was a forumee called Asterix(cks?) who has now left the forum for reasons best known to themselves.

I'd also like you to know that you are not the only person sick & tired of having to de-cypher some of the posts.

Sorry Jond and Time. It's my silly sense of humour. However, I think you should blame Tresco entirely, because it was his posting on a House rennovations thread that started it all off. He used some rather naughty language in the mistaken belief that the (up 'till now) automatic ***** would censor-out the rude bits. But it didn't. And only then it occurred to me that perhaps these automatic asterisks where not such a good idea anyway.

(Wasn't trying to give cerebral pain. Not that clever.)

[quote]Jond -I think I'm right in saying that there was a forumee called Asterix(cks?) who has now left the forum for reasons best known to themselves. I'd also like you to know that you are not the only per...[/quote]

Sense of humour not found. Does not compute!

Alcazar

[quote]Sorry Jond and Time. It's my silly sense of humour. However, I think you should blame Tresco entirely, because it was his posting on a House rennovations thread that started it all off. He used so...[/quote]

That's quite alright - I very much appreciate silly senses of humour and believe firmly that they should be encouraged, possibly even to the extent of EU grant support.

[quote]Sorry Jond and Time. It's my silly sense of humour. However, I think you should blame Tresco entirely, because it was his posting on a House rennovations thread that started it all off. He used so...[/quote]

That's quite alright - I very much appreciate silly senses of humour and believe firmly that they should be encouraged, possibly even to the extent of EU grant support.

Quite right, jond!! I was lucky enough to be up in the middle of the night (when Quillan had lost the plot) and saw Tresco's unabridged version in all it's (very colourful) glory!!

I fell about laughing and spent the rest of the day chuckling.

regards......helen

PS Will - are you boss or something?

What actually gets asterisked. Why does C o c o? It is in current usage in french. And some of the others I just cannot work out at all.  So what is your dog called  maddogwoman?

Truth is that I could put lots of french obscentities in my posts, that is what watching french films does for you but I don't, because I am grown up enough not to. I do not believe that they would be astericked either, which really makes a nonsense of the astericks and censorship.

Cockermouth...... just testing and that works OK now.

OMG I've been asterisked out! 

In answer to your question my dog is named after the great "Gabrielle" Chanel or a chocolate rice crispy breakfast cereal (more likely)!  C o c o,  or******oa Calos Thea if we are being a bit posh.

Why does that happen then?  Does it means something rude in French?  I am being totally naive or what?  I have NO idea!

Nicola

edit...crazy - see even the c o c o a of her proper KC name has been asterisked!