The price of petrol!

SaligoBay

SB - and I thought it was only us oldies on the nostalgia kick !!

When I came over in 1993 SP95 was bubbling just under the €1 mark - today I paid over  €1.30, which is down a bit since the weekend. Crude prices have fallen a touch since Hurricane K hit but oil prices unlike other aspects of life, do not come down as quickly as they go up so I fear we must get used to high prices.

But more importantly, are you under water in your bit of the rich SE ?

John

and

Just be grateful you don't live in the UK chaps. The prices are rising daily, unleaded is above £1 per litre and diesel around £1.05 per litre. There is even talk of refinery blockades and disruption on the roads (we wouldn't even notice the last one).

[quote]Just be grateful you don't live in the UK chaps. The prices are rising daily, unleaded is above £1 per litre and diesel around £1.05 per litre. There is even talk of refinery blockades and disruption ...[/quote]

Whilst there may be a few garages in the UK charging in excess of £1 per litre for unleaded, the average price today is 95.1pence with some garages as low as 91.9pence. However, the more important factor is the price per barrel has now fallen more than $5.00, or 7%, from the record-high and nine refineries knocked out by Katrina have resumed normal operations. Lets hope this reflects in the prices in both the UK and France soon. 

Baz

Last Monday, I paid 1.41 Euros per litre for 98 SP !!!!  I couldn't believe it and that was at E. LeClerc where it is normally the cheapest around.  The gas station here in Bedoin is at 1.50 per litre !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think long and hard before setting out to go Anywhere.  My daughter is now in college in a nearby village.  I had thought I would take her in the morning and retrieve her in the evening (she would get to sleep later),  but with the price of gasoline, it is far better to pay the Car Comtadin the 100 Euros per year for the bus.  I went today to enroll her.

A lot depends on where you buy your carburants from here. I've just been and paid 1,39€/litre still for 98,96 is 1,38, S is 1,50 and GO is 1,09€/litre at the local Super U. Super U s/stations further inland away from the N12 are charging even more,but I have noticed there is now no difference at all between all the large supermarkets round here - only the big boys are still charging at least 15centimes per litre more for their fuel on the main roads and they will probably start to feel the pinch when folks travel to the nearest supermarket s/station instead.