The price of a TV

Isn't it odd that it costs so much to own a TV, compared to the cost of owning a house?

We've just got our taxe d'hab demand in, 707 euros, 116 of which is for the TV.   It makes the TV about one-sixth of the total value.  So if we hadn't had a TV, we could have got the house for 48000 euros less?

Merde, if only we'd known! 

Glad you brought up the Redevance.

Anyone remember last years posts about some paying and some not paying for a TV licence ?

We paid for 2005 by way of the usual channel but others on here would told they didn't need to. We now have received our tax hab and as SB says, the TV thingy is on there at 116 euros and it states for 2005.

So paying the Tax Fonc yesterday, I asked why I should be paying for 2005 again ? He took my old Redevance issued facture which stated that it was for Dec 2004 to Dec 2005. And looking at the recent Tax Hab facture (due for payment in November), he looked bemused, then his eyes lit up as he remembered something and said, "Oui but this is for payment in advance for the next 12 months"

Well I rather guessed that but asked why it did not clearly state that on the Tax Hab, whereas, the previous redevance peeps wrote quite clearly the dates it as valid from and to.

He hadn't a clue....nothing new from a fonctionnaire then

So, who didn't pay last year and now finds they are only being asked to pay in advance, thereby getting a buckshee year ? (Oh and good luck if you have.....lucky b*****s)

And yes, we would have saved a few quid as well SB but we only have a portable, does that make the gaff cheaper ?

This might be an outbreak of efficiency. I, too, skipped merrily down to the post box yesterday and found a seldom-to-be-welcomed letter with the motto "Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité" emblazened across one corner. Tearing it open (with my teeth. I do this to keep the neighbours on their toes - they are about 100 meters away, but I know that they watch me through binoculars, so I like to make some effort to ensure that they have something to watch. Sometimes I go dressed as Mousolini, sometimes I get the Brats to push me along on a skateboard whilst I sing a medley of hits from "Cats", sometimes I go down on all fours, naked, with a piece of raw liver clamped between my ravening jaws. The last only on a Tuesday though. I like to bring sunshine into peoples lives, me.), I found what appeared at first glance to a Rédevance Audiovisualle bill for 418 euros. "Bit bloody steep," thought I, "given that French TV, in general, gives crap a bad name." And then I understood that it had been lumped in with a bill for taxe d'habitation, thus doubling the efficiency of the usually underused piece of A3 that these demands are customarily made out on.

[quote]Miki, We are the lucky bxxxxxds who were due to pay in Jan 05 and never received a bill.[/quote]

Hi TU,

So did the new Tax Hab & Redevance facture mention anything about paying for 2005 and in advance for 2006, or not ?

And if not, will you do the honourable thing and send double, like the rest of us would ?

[quote]Isn't it odd that it costs so much to own a TV, compared to the cost of owning a house? We've just got our taxe d'hab demand in, 707 euros, 116 of which is for the TV. It makes the TV about one-six...[/quote]

Hmm

I got mine today too. Mine is house 753 + TV 116 = total 869. Thank god I live in a low cost agglomeration.

What does the TV license cost in UK these days ?

Peter

Do you think they would offer a reduction if I told them I only watch Sky?

SB I thought you said you lived in a rabbit hutch with a tiny swimming pool....thats quite some Tax Hab for living in the trendy regions of Occitaine

We must realy live in Hovelville  only 320 euros....pleasantly supprised.

Mrs O

Our bill came today - 167€,116€ being the TV licence. Not a teeny weeny house and we are in a very expensive area. However since building a lotissement next to us our rates have been more than halved and we enjoy having the neighbours as well.