First snowfall of the season

Lori

Well, I posted the first frost.  Now, we have had our first snowfall.  Granted it didn't snow that much, but the Mt. Ventoux is beautiful with a dusting of snow on it.  We are in Bedoin at the foot of the Ventoux (Dept. 84) and there is still some snow on the ground.  Is raining now, so I am guessing that it will melt during the day. 

I wonder if this means we will have a snowy winter?

I don't know how early is early, but around here we like to see some by mid November to put the first couche down on the mountains. We had about 6 inches last night and it made life very difficult today as I had some important things to do that I just could not get out of. I am french laquered now after deneiging the drive and the exit road from the estate.

Here in Brittany (not far from Will in 50) we've had loads of unexpected snow, really treacherous driving conditions on the way home from work, even on the A84. To add to that there has been a power cut ongoing since this morning, no sign of EDF getting things sorted, so its freezing inside as well as outside - thank goodness for the woodburner and gas hob! 

Well in the five years I have lived here, this is early.  Only did we see snow in DECEMBER the first year I came here.  Every year after that, snow fell after December.  Last year, there was no snow.  Terribly dry winter.

This morning is the first morning in many that I have not gotten up to see thick frost.  Good thing as I have errands to run.