Jean-Marie LePen

Teamedup

He was on Hardtalk on the BBC last night. And he said more truths about France than any tv program that has been on british tv over the last x number of years.

I suppose that is why he frightens me so, he does hit the spot........... his solutions are a cauchemar. May the good people of France knock him into touch at the next presidentielles.

This program is worth a watch and likely will be repeated on BBC New24.

I've just watched the interview on the BBC webiste. The MRAP are going to take him to court (again) for repeating his comments about gas chambers. The good thing with the programmes was that they actually let him talk, when he's on french telly it's so short and he's interrupted the whole time that he doesn't get into his stride. He always starts off sounding so reasonable, if you give him enough time, his basic incoherancy comes out.

[quote]I've just watched the interview on the BBC webiste. The MRAP are going to take him to court (again) for repeating his comments about gas chambers. The good thing with the programmes was that they actu...[/quote]

Agreed. The single most effective thing that can be done to counter creatures like Le Pen is to ensure that they get free platform to spout away.

Aside from fulfilling a basic democratic need that freedom of speech is a right, it also allows plenty of time to get across the repugnace of some of his basic premises. Add a little careful, polite, questioning (for example, "Mr Le Pen: to the nearest 15 minutes, how long after your elevation to President do you think that the French economy will sink into fathomless depression?" or; "I notice that the proposal of not allowing women to work while men are unemployed no longer seems to appear on your party's website - could you confirm that this is no longer policy?") to light the touch paper, and stand well back. He should do everything else himself.

[quote]Hello I don't think women should work. Their place is in the home looking after their families. If more women took the responsibility of looking after their children then there may be a drop in crime...[/quote]

... and I suppose modern chimney design prevents children from being usefully employed ...

My favourite part of the interview was when, in response to the interviewer giving statistics that claimed the rate of immigration had remained pretty much static for 25 years, he said (something like) 'you only have to take a ride on the metro in Paris to see these figures are wrong'.

I wonder how often M. Le Pen rides the metro, with his fellow citizens.

I suppose that is why he frightens me so, he does hit the spot........... his solutions are a cauchemar.

That is what I said. That he does talk about real problems that do exist. The PC world is imaginary, in real life everything he mentioned is what IS France. And like all good faschos he knows how to push peoples buttons and get them wound up about these things. AND as I said, HIS solutions are a cauchmar.

An alternative to what Le Pen has to offer....

Well I'm a simple sort of person and call me old fashioned if you like, but how about tolerance, inclusiveness, equality of opportunity, not judging people by their race or colour or religion or is that a bit to wet for some?

Best, Chris

Glad to have helped,great to see all the christmas lights going up showing santa, do you not think?once again have a very merry christmas,uhm brandy sauce opening a good bootle on the day,getting legless christmas eve not to mention the pork pies and the turkey stuffed with mince pork stuffing,people sing hymms,the guy as a point!

Mmmm does sound delicious. Can't get too much porkie in, surely ?

Field mice are normally best, although the Mrs said Lidl are bang out of them at the moment (C'est Noël, le patron said). Might have some frozen ones in the Picardie shop though...

Pigging difficult recipe though, innit............ ?

[quote]Glad to have helped,great to see all the christmas lights going up showing santa, do you not think?once again have a very merry christmas,uhm brandy sauce opening a good bootle on the day,getting legl...[/quote]

"Glad to have helped,great to see all the christmas lights going up showing santa, do you not think?once again have a very merry christmas,uhm brandy sauce opening a good bootle on the day,getting legless christmas eve not to mention the pork pies and the turkey stuffed with mince pork stuffing,people sing hymms,the guy as a point!"

Great to see that you're taking the intellectual as well as the moral high ground on this one...