Restaurant Prices

Teamedup

How much would you expect to pay in a half decent resto with a half decent menu selection?

I am talking evening here and not lunch time. AND ofcourse not the price restos are asking for the Revillon de St Sylvestre........ friends of ours paid 120 euros each last year for that and it was poor.

There is a good little restaurant near me.  5€ for a starter and a dessert and 10€ for the main course it used to cost.  I wondered how they made any money and then they put up each course by .50centimes.  They change the carte every month.  With Gilles being ill we haven't been for a couple of months but I expect it is the same quality.

I always start with foie gras..... there is a choice of say six for each course and he does some surprising mixtures.

It is very nice.

So, a bargain.

[quote user="Teamedup"]

How much would you expect to pay in a half decent resto with a half decent menu selection?

I am talking evening here and not lunch time. AND ofcourse not the

price restos are asking for the Revillon de St Sylvestre........

friends of ours paid 120 euros each last year for that and it was poor.

[/quote]

Forty to sixty Euros including Kirs and wine for two.

On Christmas Day we had seven courses, aperitif and coffee/petit fours included, for €45 each.  The food was excellent and there was a free tombola where everyone won something, an organist, accordionist, and singer.   We had half a bottle of champagne and a bottle of Crozes Hermitages, and the whole lot came to €150.  Not bad!