The Pantomime continues...but not for long

Coco

In the now locked thread about being downtrodden Russethouse finished with the statement:

"St Amour, If I remember correctly there was no need to ban the member who sent you that awful PM, he apologized and left the forum and as far as I am aware has not returned.

Firstly, no your memory doesn't serve you completely correctly I'm afraid.  I did ask for the member to be banned but nothing was done.  No he didn't "apologise" to me, he wanted me to be banned or leave the site because I dared to suggest that not all German soldiers were murdering n*zis, some were fighting reluctantly and would much rather be at home with their families.  When it was made obvious by several other members that not only did they think he was over-reacting but that he was totally out of order for the things he was saying to me by PM he decided that if the forum would rather back me than him then it was no place for him and so he left after making an extremely sarcastic "apology" which held no genuine content at all.

And I'm afraid Gay that I take exception to your final sentance. 

In addition I believe that several forum members contributed to the association you had mentioned, that remembers fallen WW2 servicemen in Normandy."

What on earth was the need to add this sentance to your posting.  It has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the issue in hand and only serves to make me appear ungrateful for the generosity of some extremely kind members who either sent me or left money here when they visited, Hoddy being one of the most generous and deflects attention from my original point about some members getting away with murder and others not.  So before I leave this forum I would just like to make it clear once again that I was very grateful for the donations and we managed to put flowers on over 60 graves on 6 June 2004. 

So whilst I have managed to overcome the insults and vicious threats from members who were never banned from this site I have finally been driven away by the double standards and outrageous censorship of the moderators.  And I KNOW that I am not alone in that decision.

St Amour (aka coco)

PS:  Why did I say ."... but not for long" in the title.  Because I'll count the minutes til this thread is deleted.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to delete this, but I think that if you wish to discuss a particular difference of opinion with any individual, either a moderator or another forum user, it would be better carried out via private message or e-mail rather than in public.

It's not just a difference of opinion with ans individual though Bill, if it were I would have PM'd Gay as you suggest.  It's the fact that I could no longer respond on a previous thread because it had been locked and as I said, she had made comments which made me appear to have forgotten about the kindness of certain forum members.  And that is the whole point, when moderators don't like a thread they lock or delete them and won't discuss it and yet let others, which can get quite nasty run.  It seems that other people can have "private conversations" in public, yet if anyone says anything to a moderator it is deemed as not suitable for public consumption and should be carried out through PMs.  It's the double standards I object to and that's why I have lost interest in this forum.

I did not want to slink away, I wanted to let it be known that it is due to these kind of double standards and censorship that I am leaving.  And before you tell me that it is the least censored of the French forums I realise that but being the least bad doesn't make it good.  And it used tobe good.

[quote user="St Amour"]

....she had made comments which made me appear to have forgotten about the kindness of certain forum members.  And that is the whole point, when moderators don't like a thread they lock or delete them and won't discuss it and yet let others, which can get quite nasty run.  It seems that other people can have "private conversations" in public, yet if anyone says anything to a moderator it is deemed as not suitable for public consumption and should be carried out through PMs.  It's the double standards I object to and that's why I have lost interest in this forum.

I did not want to slink away, I wanted to let it be known that it is due to these kind of double standards and censorship that I am leaving.  And before you tell me that it is the least censored of the French forums I realise that but being the least bad doesn't make it good.  And it used tobe good.

[/quote]

What Gay said only served to remind me of how much public support you got on that occasion.

You are still angry that the man who sent you the vile pm and made the false apology was allowed to slink away rather than being banned. 

For me there is some  irony in your vigorous defence more recently, of someone who acted in a similar way, (with vile insults/insinuations and pms) but for over a period of well over 2 years.

This really is against my better judgement but :

Mod hat OFF

I think you said all in your post St Amour, its OK for you to post the negative side, but when I point out that the man left of his own volition and there was a positive side too, you are aghast. What were the mods supposed to do - chase after him to warn him?  If you are going to tell a story, please be fair and tell it all.  Obviously I am not the only one with supposedly double standards.

In actual fact the outcome was much better for you - I'm not sure if the guy was officially warned or not  but in any case by the '3 strikes and you are out rule' he would have had one black mark or strike  against him and could have gone on posting here.  You also really had the 'last laugh' you had a great deal of support both here and by email, not least from me!

You know how you felt about that , yet you seem to have spent quite a while composing a post defending  someone who has made others feel equally as bad - in three different id's ! Double standards ?

If moderating here is so dreadful how do you explain the fact that Mrs O's post yesterday was allowed,  and  that this one is still here? How many other forums do you think would have allowed that ?

I hope that you don't leave CoCo, I have only just found you again [:)] and you know a lot about living in France and can write a good post!

I think if you have a look back at the post by Jenny Rennes a few weeks ago, (which at the time I thought was a dig at me and nameless others) there does seem to be a few people unhappy with the forum for whatever reason at the moment.

Perhaps it will all settle down soon;

Tresco, I don't think that you can compare a slur against a nation of people eg Germans in the same breath as the posts , PMs made by the person who I think you are referring to. Whilst I would never condone anyone calling he names he was alleged to have done, on the posts that I witnessed, he was merely giving back was was being given to him.

[quote user="viva"]

Tresco, I don't think that you can compare a slur against a nation of people eg Germans in the same breath as the posts , PMs made by the person who I think you are referring to. Whilst I would never condone anyone calling he names he was alleged to have done, on the posts that I witnessed, he was merely giving back was was being given to him.

[/quote]

No, he wasn't 'merely' giving back what was being given to him viva, otherwise he wouldn't have been banned however many times it was. How many times does this, or the fact that all the worst posts were deleted, need to be pointed out?.

By the way, in the past the former member you seem to feel sorry for used to litter this forum with what you call 'slurs' against whole races of people, never mind nations.

As for the pms, I don't know the content, but being called 'names' is something I doubt anyone over the age of 10 would complain about, whether in public or private. 

The people who have caused trouble on this site recently and previously must be laughing their heads off.  Look what they have done.  They are probably still looking in and must be well pleased with the result of their spite.  They have not only suceeded in offending some members directly, but have also managed to get long standing members to fall out as well.  Why have we allowed this to happen again?  There really is only one place for these people when they check in and that's Coventry! [8o|] This is such a fantastic Forum.  Why do we let these Morons get to us.  Please don't allow the pathetic actions of a minority spoil it for the rest of us who have something genuine to offer.  Coco - please don't leave.  I for one, value your experiences of living in France.  Can we have some Pink Fluffy Bunny Moments?  Smile everyone - Summer is on the way!  Hugs and Kisses all round.[:D]

Can't understand this.........why don't forum users , as adults, either IGNORE people who post insults, etc, or give back as good as they get? I recently had some abuse from an idiot on e-Bay........he got some the same back and was nearly apoplectic with rage, while I just continued to poke fun. Eventually he stopped.[:D]

On another tack, a different forum that I use far more than this, (having well over 8000 posts there), has software that allows users to "Ignore" a certain user simply by adding them to their "ignore" list. No post from that user will then be able to be seen, nor will PMs arrive etc.

Could this site not have that?

Alcazar

BTW: if users want to leave the forum, and announce it, OK, but could they then leave, please? To say you're going because..........., then post later again, saying you're going now, then later to say, no, you REALLY are going now, etc, just makes you look childish. Either go, or don't threaten[;)]

Can't we stop all this...      

and take heed of what Furryknickers said yesterday (I hope he won't mind me quoting him) :

"I think there is scope for us all to become better people and be proud to be ambassador's for planet earth when we meet the creature from worlds far away from ours. What will the Venusian people think of us when they read this? Let us not embarras ourselfs any further, and remember that "a whale eats lots of fish, but a fish can not eat lots of whale" as me Aunty Josie once told me."

Let's get moving on (with a smile) ...

[quote user="Harley"] There really is only one place for these people when they check in and that's Coventry! [/quote]

And what, precisely, is wrong with Coventry?  I think we should be told....  I expect PMs to be flying around as I write...  Someone should be banned....  Heck, everybody should be banned....  Now if you had said Slough...[6]

Brian 11500

I love your water lillies Mr Harley! Have you seen the giant lilly pads in the more exotic parts of the world where they have hummimg birds and tigers? They are so big, that a human bloke or woman could sit on it!

I have decided I want a tiger of me own, and when I get him, he shall be called Martin. I was listening to Lulu singing that tiger song "I'm a tiger i'm a tiger, i'm a tiger i'm a tiger, i'm  a tiger i'm a tiger, i'm a tiger i'm a tigerrrrr......... It is a grand song about a Scotswoman that turns into a tiger when she drinks dandylion and burdock pop.  I wish I could do that, and I love dandylion and burdock pop! When I first heard that song back in County Kildare when I was a young lad, I used to drink loads of that pop in the hope of becoming a Siberian Tiger (me favourite) One night I drank 5 bottles of it and thought for sure I would wake up as a tiger! I was really upset when I just woke up as meself in a bed full of wee! I wonder why they never made dandytiger and burdock?

I think it is terrible to let things from the past eat away at you! it will just consume you untill there is nothing left to consume. It's like eating a lovely St Honor gateau, you just keep nibbling away at it till it is no more! There is much bitterness and anger over something in cyber space, is it worth getting that angry and bitter over it? When I get angry I find great joy in buying a lovely tree with big yellow flowers.  John (me pug) got very annoyed with me this morning because I forgot to get a mothers day card for him to give to his mum, the newsagent in Upper Beagle refuses to serve any customers with more than 2 legs.  He calmed down when I sang his favourite hymn " Lord of the dance settee"  I am happy to sing it to Mrs Amour if it will help?

I think if I sat on one of those Lillies it would fold up like a Venus Fly trap!  Ha Ha!!![:P]

For some strange reason, I always thought you were female!  We aquired a cat when we moved here. She is called:

Fifi Peaches Trixabel Apricot Fluffybottom the First.  She has a very fluffy bottom!

I always thought being "sent to Coventry" meant that the person being sent  was going to be ignored.  I didn't create this saying so don't know where it stems from.[:P]  Ok, so if we don't send the rotters to Coventry, any suggestions?[6]  Now be polite guys and gals - keep it Fluffy!!  Peace man, peace.  Love thy posters.[H]

Ps Furry knickers - It's Mrs Harley to you![;)]

Why would you be banned? For making the screen go funny?

Mind you, if you post that horrible picture of the dog again I'm hitting that little 'report' button sharpish.

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/tinybunny.jpg[/IMG]

I thought that Bunny was for me, Mrs Tresco, I have even named him Norman! I suppose I shall have to go and buy another tree with yellow flowers now to cheer me up after losing me new rabbit.

Mrs Animal, have you any rabbitts going? Anyway, Mrs Tresco's rabbit is only sympathetic, I prefer a real one!

Mrs Harley, that is a lovely name for your cat! I have a cat rental service in Normandie, if you ever need to top up your cat supply, I can rent you any ammount at a discount for quantity. They all have names too!

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Can't we stop all this...      

and take heed of what Furryknickers said yesterday (I hope he won't mind me quoting him) :

"I

think there is scope for us all to become better people and be proud to

be ambassador's for planet earth when we meet the creature from worlds

far away from ours. What will the Venusian people think of us when they

read this? Let us not embarras ourselfs any further, and remember that

"a whale eats lots of fish, but a fish can not eat lots of whale" as me

Aunty Josie once told me."

Let's get moving on (with a smile) ...

[/quote]

Blige me, looks the dreaded Tina giving me what for when I come home 2

minutes late from le Brasserie. She's got more rabbit than

Sainsburys  ! [:D]