French Cat Burglar

On me last day of the Easter holiday in Kildare, I got a terrible disturbing phone call from Farmer Villeroy in Normandie, informing me that all me cats had been robbed from his cat storage facility!

I am now out of the cat rental business and Paws 4 A Puss is now defunked. I met a new English lad on me last trip to Normandie. He had moved over to our area from Basingstoke in England, and was looking for a business oppertunity to supplement his pension from the Police. He wandered into me driveway one day after seeing the English registration on me Fiat Bambino. He came upto me and put out his hand and said "Bob Mycock" I said "bob it yourself" and ran inside and locked me doors! "thats my name" he shouted through me cat flap! Well I felt like a real ejit indeed, and appologised and made him a cup of tea and got out me best brack, and gave him 2 big bits of it as an offer of my condensation for me terrible assumption that he was being a rude lad.

Bob seemed very interested in me large quantity of cats and wondered about the people coming to me door giving me a cat and me giving them a bill. I explained that I rent out cats to second home owners and that it had really become very successfull. Bob then asked if I wanted to sell any of the cats, and when I said no, he asked where he could get a few cats. I told him of the shortage of cats in the area and that there was none available on the open market and he would need to join a waiting list, he seemed very determined to get a large ammount of cats and asked if there were any on ebay!  To cut a long story short, I think he may well have been the person that robbed me cats! Mr Villeroy has said there are about 17 shaved  cats at the Mycock residence with clipped ears! Should I inform the local Police of me suspiciuns or will he have some kind of diplomatic immunity being an ex cop himself, maybe he is a mason, who knows?

A terrible situation to be in really, and I don't want to upset the new people or curl any ones feathers for no reason. Anyway, what are the penalties for stealing cats in France? The insurance will not cover me as the cats were at Farmer Villeroy's place while I was away.

We've found them FK, all safe and well, stolen by the famous Arson Lupin who was growing unnoticed in your garden.  We shall take care of them until your return.

This one, your favourite I think, still can't believe what happened.  I shall give him extra care.

And for some reason Mrs. Tresco had a real feel for this one and has taken him under her wing...

Evening Mrs Animal

I really thought that was Patrick (me favourite cat) but it is not him! he does resemble him no doubt.

I think the other lad with the ears is traumatised after spending a week with Mrs Tresco!

Farmer Villeroy called me this afternoon to tell me he had spoken to the new English lad about why he had shaved all his cats, apparently they are not shaved, but are suffering from alopecia. He and his wife run the Cats With Alopecia Rescue Centre.

Now I don't understand why he does not start a business making wigs for the cats with alopecia? I am sure he would do very well! I shall suggest that to him next time I see him.

Mr Nix, here in Charente Maritime we have had our own problems with Cat Burglars. 

They seem to target the little known Giant Grey Charentaise Cat, as can be seen in this picture

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/catburglar.jpg[/IMG]

As you will notice, this cat nabber - clearly taking great delight in her task - was caught in the act. The penalty round here is swift and appropriate, but not suitable for discussion on the forum.

I was rather upset to hear you say 'the other lad was traumatised' after spending time here. Unfortunately you were correct. If you need any fur for the cats with alopecia business, I have some available (slightly singed).

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/catkiller.jpg[/IMG]

Mrs Tresco, Is it any wonder that poor long eared cat was traumatised after seeing you throwing green luminous spears at his mates? I think he looks a bit like Johnny Ball in a ginger wig if you took off his ears. I dread to think what you would have done to me if I became your own personal Owl!

I am sorry you are lumbered with all them cats Mrs Animal! I will have them off you when I move to France for good.

I am still in a state of shock about the robbery! I could not even eat the half a pound of boiled ham and the bag of jellies me aunty gave me for the journey home from Kildare! Her own son lost all his hair at 15 after years of washing it in Jeyes Fluid. She insisted on using it to keep the lice away from him, and he never did get lice!

He made his own wigs from Goats beards and would let on he had lovely blonde hair, and  would put on a Swedish accent to attract the women.

OK. Must be my surrealist or even Milliganesque sense of the ridiculous.

A Cat Burglar: hmm......... open to various interpretations.

1.    A person (or cat!) who burgles cats:

2.    A cat which burgles:

3.    A person (or cat) which Steals cats.

Now come on, Furry one: 'fess up! Which is it?[8-)]

Yes, poor things, I don't think even Mrs. Gupta would take those.  I sent her an email last night about all the cats available and she couldn't get here quick enough, arriving at six this morning with a van and a Milliganesc individual to help load the cats.  For anyone who doesn't know, Mrs. Gupta is in the fake cat industry which she started up over here a few months ago and it has been a great success.  She took all those who had already been on stage saying she would give them a revamp, we just kept the favourite who needs a lot of attention and the ginger smokey one did not want to leave Mrs. Tresco.

Mrs. Gupta was soon off in a cloud of dust saying she would have them all on the Fidjirac market on Thursday morning.  I have just received some samples of what will be on her stall :

You've got to give it to Mrs. Gupta, she certainly has taste and flair...

The big one in the blue rig out with the pink feather is just how I imagine Mrs Tresco! I love pink feathers too.

I am glad you reduced your cat mountain by giving Mrs Gupta all them cats Mrs Animal, she will be trying to replace Dean (her favourite cat) after he was fataly killed last march by a large stripper in the Dordogne. Mrs Gupta is considering sueing  Black and Decker for the cost of a new cat, but I think it was her fault for trying to steam clean  poor Dean with it in the first place.

I was pondering today about that song 'Me Bunny Lyes Over The Ocean, Me Bunny Lyes Over The Sea, Oh Bring Back Me Bunny To Me'  I love to sing it when I am clipping Edwin's hair, but do you know what it's about? How did the bunny get onto the sea and why does he lye there?

Look at poor Mrs Ali's cats, they seem so forlorne! The one on the left reminds me of me uncle Pat in County Kildare, he hated wearing his glasses and would often sleep in the dogs basket in the nude with his mate Jim Larkin. Me poor aunty Josie would say "they look like a pair of baldy owl cats"  neither of them had any hair either, like them poor cats in the picture.