Re: Deleted Posts

A remarkable post, Ronnie.

Would you like to say who you are calling a muppet? I think that may be in breach of the forum rules you love so much...

And why this sudden attack on people who don't live in France? Aren't we allowed to post any more? I'd like to see Forum Admin's opinion on that.

Why are you calling SB snide when that is also a clear breach of forum rules?

What PMs and emails do you know about? How do you know about them?

Answers without bile, please.

I'm not pretending it never happened SB and neither are the others who had the guts to stand up amongst the muppets and foreign based posters that thought it was all a great laugh.

This row has already cost the Forum good people who actually live here and that have knowledge and experience ready to pass on, so why don't you just leave it alone,  it does not need your snide comments. 

Ron, you appear to think that foreign based posters are on a par to muppets.  I thought that this forum was a place for people, who aspired to living in France, to glean information.  If Forum good people,  who actually live there, have already experienced the transition then they aren't the ones who need it - or maybe not so much.  I believe the forum is here to help everyone regardless of whether they actually live in France or not.  I also believe that it helps far more foreign based posters than it does those that have already taken the plunge.  Many thanks to all France based posters who give their advice and experience so freely.

Dick it was not a sudden attack on anybody, I just think that enough is enough and further sniping is not only unnecessary but at this time very unhelpful.

As an educated men Dick and Pip, I expected that you would have read the post and not taken bits out of context, what I said was  "amongst the muppets and foreign based posters that thought it was all a great laugh"  Did you think it was great laugh Dick?  I don't think so.

I was not having a go at people who live in the UK or have holiday homes here, unfortunately the recent unpleasantness seemed tohave been stoked and inflamed by people who happen not to live in France or have any obvious connection to France  Am I wrong in this observation, if so I will apologise. 

PMs and E mails, did you not get any Dick,?  I bet you got far more than I did, want to publish them?  I found the post about the two main combatants being in business together the most interesting, strange you did not comment on that or did you not see that?

I'll ignore the rest, as it just looks like back-pedalling. And yes, you are utterly wrong. Their connection to France is that they have subscribed to this forum. When did you get the right to judge whether or not posters can post?

I've no idea what the business thing is, but I do know that a moderator (whom you supported) was using a false, or second, identity to praise an item which he was selling under the guise of his first identity, which I think begs a great many questions, deception for personal gain being the first. But that is all OK, we are told. He had his 'wrist slapped'.

As far as I am aware there has never been a business arrangement between the two of them, I took that to be a dubious post by a rather difficult poster. I stand ready to be corrected - perhaps the person who posted that statement could back it up in some way? Or perhaps you coild as you seem eager to retail the story - with little nasty comments attached.

I still want to know why you are accusing SB of snide postings, and, precisely what you think these bad-tempered posts of yours will achieve, apart from people like me (and her) thinking less of you.

I would ask everybody to be very careful in what they are saying unless they know both sides of some past happenings which really should not have been dragged up in the first place - we are getting dangerously close to defamatory comments here and Archant cannot get involved in such public debates. If you want the forum closed down or converted to fully-moderated status you are going the right way about it.

I know it's really not my place to ask that, but in the light of recent events perhaps the fact that I am not a moderator might count for something.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

This row has already cost the Forum good people who actually live here and that have knowledge and experience ready to pass on, [/quote]

Hang on a sec, till I try to remember where I've been living for the last 6 years...... let's see, I own no property in the UK, everyone around me speaks French, there's apparently high unemployment, people go on strike a lot, the national dish is either steak-frites or couscous, and the president for the moment seems to be a chap called Chirac.   Gosh darn it, I think I actually live here, would you Adam and Eve it!

But I take your point.  What you clearly meant was the "good people" bit, I'm probably not a good person for your forum.  I don't have UK TV, I've never renovated a ruin, I don't run a gîte, I don't own endless hectares, and because I live pretty much in town, I don't even know any farmers.   It's that farmer thing again, isn't it?   [;-)]   

Will is right. Do you actually want this forum to be fully moderated ? That means limited hours of posting and EVERY post read before being passed !

Despite what you think, or may have been told, none of you know the full facts which makes these post mortem threads somewhat worthless. Admin deleted the threads (remember it is their forum) and has also added to the Code of Conduct.

Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I'll ignore the rest, as it just looks like back-pedalling. And yes, you are utterly wrong. Their connection to France is that they have subscribed to this forum. When did you get the right to judge whether or not posters can post?

I still want to know why you are accusing SB of snide postings, and, precisely what you think these bad-tempered posts of yours will achieve, apart from people like me (and her) thinking less of you.
[/quote]

2/10 for comprehension  Dick, you really must try harder.  I'll ignore most of your post in the same way that you did'nt  bother to read mine..

Frankly you can want all you like, if you cannot see that SB's post was snidey then that I am afraid that  is your problem, others will judge it for for what is was  ......and have.  Oh and by the way I never post when I am bad tempered, perhaps you should try doing the same.[:D]

I hope you had a good break in France. on your PC all the time.were you?[:P]