My day

I seem to be on a bit of a posting roll lately.  This one might get wiped but the words are all in the dictionary (we're all grown up here James!)

Sarah sees me coming downstairs this morning in my chainsaw gear and asks me what I've got planned for the day (knowing that I'm a little late on a dining table and a carved sign for a chamdres d'hote and knowing that I hadn't got the slightest intention of doing either!) with that look that sort of shrivels a man. I bravely announced 'I'm going to carve' and scarper (most of you know what I do by now), I just feel the need to carve at the moment.

So three hours later just before lunch (two hours carving and one hour sanding)I plonk a three foot penis, beautifully formed , and with realistc veins and testicles on the kitchen table, it did the trick, the icy looks disappeared and we both laughed alot! Then it got cut up and now rests on the firewood heap. All in all,  a good day!

Salut, Chris

I wouldn't burn it on the fire, Chris - there may be some very interested gay men out there who would appreciate it as a nice garden ornament, as they wind their way round their various garden rooms.  It could nestle snugly in a nice cave or something similar!![;-)]

No - really I AM SERIOUS - you will probably get paid more for this than anything else before ... but is it art??  (YES!  YES!).

Valerie[Www]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

You been at the pop again Dotty girl?

I'm not flirting - I'm interested in large oak sculptures, don't tell me you're not[;-)]

[/quote]

Not yet, tis a bit early still.

Of course you're interested, we can all see that.  I might have an interest in things made of wood, but that would be telling. [Www]

I'm surprised the post stayed up!

Good thinking Valerie, I took one along to the Royal Norfolk show once and was asked to cover it up, it still sold! Is it art? Sure....anything goes in my book.

I behaved today and have started carving the sign, I triple checked the spelling.....'Chambres d'hotes' with a hat thing above the 'o'.

I'd love to meet that chainsaw chick, you wouldn't really be able to refuse would you? The veins were the trickiest part!

Cheers, Chris 

[quote user="Chris Head"]

[/quote]

Ha ha - of course the post stayed up!! [6] It wood wouldn't it? "(Reminds me of a silly childhood rhyme - wouldn't it, wouldn't it, wouldn't it be funny if a lady had wooden ***s) [:$]  Maybe that could be your next project Chris?! [;-)]

Valerie

I can see through your feigned disinterest Opas! Why, do you need a model? 

Don't set me off Pixie, my imagination is wild enough. Next project is a school, a 5m Totem, an eagle with wings spread coming in to land on a chateau/castle which is emerging from rocks, steps leading up to the door, a snake emerging from rocks, rocks turning to tree roots with fox and owl and perhaps woodspirit, I'm putting small seats at the bottom so the kids can use it as well. It's going to be a fairytale depiction of life in the Creuse. Anyone want to turn up with their chainsaws,axes,bowsaws etc I could do with help....I'm scared of this one! 

Chris

[quote user="Pixietoadstool"][quote user="Chris Head"]

[/quote]

Ha ha - of course the post stayed up!! [6] It wood wouldn't it? "(Reminds me of a silly childhood rhyme - wouldn't it, wouldn't it, wouldn't it be funny if a lady had wooden ***s) [:$]

Valerie

[/quote]

Hello Chris,

You may be an adept creater of phallic symbols but you are not alone here on this forum...

We have a 'Dick Smith' also...

Every day he works in his forge high up on the North Downs forging potent images of male members in order to appease the clients of private shops up and down the country...

This must be the case as Bonobos are known to be enthusiastic about such things...

I read this on Anglo-mis-info somewhere....