good day

egger

Are you going to do hair in France?

Will you want / need a big expat community as you can't speak much French at the minute or will your husband be working?

Have you got children to consider?

I did reply to your first post about moving but can't find it now for some reason!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no not going to do hairdressing, might try something else, dont know what yet, but am ok for awhile, so will have sometime to sort things out,(and no i not rich,honest). I not got any children, so not got that to worry about, and as for my hubby he going to retire, so its a whole big wide world out there [:)]. will be bored out of my head after 2 weeks [blink]

mmm it has crossed my mind. Have they got any in brittany left, it will have to be close to air port as i need to get back to england every 7th week (promised my nan). mind you need somewhere to rent first by the coast,(wonder how far from airport that will be.

Dinard for East Midlands now but will they jack it in in the winter?

Brest goes up North too but where? 

Log onto the airports.  Flybe (?sp) is Brest and good ole Ryanair flies from Dinard.

If you want a pile of stones to sort out, let me know....[;-)]  Chateau Despair needs a bit of loving care and a lot of money throwing at it.

ha ha ha ha!

Birmingham  - up North?

It's the MIDLANDS [:-))]

But it is North of the Watford Gap , where the rest of the world eat bread and dripping, keep ferrets and only have out side toilets and slippy loo roll!   [:-))]

[quote user="egger"] Have they got any in brittany left, it will have to be close to air port as i need to get back to england every 7th week (promised my nan). mind you need somewhere to rent first by the coast,(wonder how far from airport that will be.[/quote]

That's a good project. Sussing out airlines that will take you where you need to go.

goodness me will have to stop going out missing all this fun [;-)]. tresco, you really do have my sense of humour,(your as sick as me lol ), bet that worries you, therapy for you straight away. East midlands would be best for me, (dont have to use motor way) but to be honest they are all about the same distance away.

I could throw something at the chateau, but it would not be money[;-)]

I think you will find that Nantes isn't that far from a coast.

It takes about an hour to get to Dinard from here and we are in the centre of Brittany.

It might be difficult to find anywhere to live around Dinard.  Did the promised splurge of Parisiens buy up all the properties when the TGV arrived in St Malo?

MIKI!!!  He will know.

Anyway, sun is shining and I've got a brocante to go to . . .toodle pip.

What you could do is buy a property inland and dig a large trench to bring the sea up to your front door.  Nip down the coast with a trailer, fill up with sand (look out for the gendarmes) and dump that outside your front door as well.   Presto - instant seafront accommodation in the location of your choice.  You could even buy a house at the end of a runway to solve your transport problems.

If you don't fancy nipping down in dead of night with your trailer, you could sew some giant false pockets into a pair of baggy trousers.  You then go down the coast and scoop sand into said pantaloons while sitting on the beach.  Be careful not to scoop up any crabs.  Casually return to car, drive home and empty pockets before entering house.  Repeat as necessary.