Brits go home??? Is anti British sentiment growing now even in the far sw of France.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="raindog"]My God, I hope not too many French people get to read this garbage.
No wonder some of them don't think much of us.......[:(]
[/quote]

How sanctimonious can you get? Have you ever actually spoken to a French person? My English students (intelligent, professional French people) really enjoy this sort of stuff - yes, it is garbage, but they think it is funny, they like understanding what sort of 'stereotype' they have in the eyes of other nationalities, they enjoy telling me what they think of the Brits, it is just a bit of fun. So just get over yourselves, stop being so policitally correct, and perhaps try getting to know a few real French people.[:)]

[quote user="ltf"]

[quote user="raindog"]My God, I hope not too many French people get to read this garbage.
[/quote]

How sanctimonious can you get? Have you ever actually spoken to a French person? My English students (intelligent, professional French people) really enjoy this sort of stuff - yes, it is garbage, but they think it is funny, they like understanding what sort of 'stereotype' they have in the eyes of other nationalities, they enjoy telling me what they think of the Brits, it is just a bit of fun. So just get over yourselves, stop being so policitally correct, and perhaps try getting to know a few real French people.[:)]

[/quote]

Thank Frith there are some people out there who have been further down the road than their village shop and gossip centre. Of course the French don't care, of course they give as good as they get, of course they love this. Unless your happen to be talking about little Fhrenchlanders or Englanders. Get out there and join in. it is only fun. Stop patronizing the French.

[quote user="ltf"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, that's me told...[blink]

No Clair, but some of the PC nonsense that crosses the Channel is really pathetic. Sorry if you are annoyed, but I must say that most of the educated French I know just relish this kind of jousting and it doesnt stop us drinking together or making µµµµ ( a word that could get me banned) in the afternoon.

[quote user="woolybanana"]No Clair, but some of the PC nonsense that crosses the Channel is really pathetic. Sorry if you are annoyed, but I must say that most of the educated French I know just relish this kind of jousting and it doesnt stop us drinking together or making µµµµ ( a word that could get me banned) in the afternoon.[/quote]

You bin doing four-mu again?

I agree: the mark of a truly civilised culture is that it can stand up to having the wee-wee taken out of it.

[quote user="ltf"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've lived and worked in France for 26 years and now have more French friends than English. Who do think you are to call me sanctimonious and tell me to get to know a few "real French people"? You pompous idiot.

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]Silly burk!

Anyway, I can't go "home" - I sold it.
[/quote]

RR - If the origin of "burk" is rhyming slang surely it should be written "berk" though pronounced "bark"  ? Doubtless someone with a better grasp of English will resolve this serious issue.

Pedant

not

Can the sanctimonious one, and the pompous one, please go back into their corners whilst cold sponges and soothing balm are administered. [blink]

OK, so assumptions were perhaps made (I assume) and faulty conclusions drawn... a misunderstanding, they happen.

I live in the SW of France, and I think that at around 8:50 tonight anti British sentiment will reach fever pitch (there, nicely back on topic).