SNOW??

Clair

We were spending money in Périgueux today and on the way back through Terrasson around 5 pm, we saw a 4x4 which had about eight inches of snow on its roof and bonnet!

The temperature has been between -1º and 4º today, but where could it have got covered in snow?

Has anyone seen any snow yet?

Here in Lux we have had snow on several days,  not enough to stay but enough so I had to brush it off my car before I could get in.   Same for parts of Lorraine region too according to my work colleagues.  This morning it was MINUS 6 Deg C !!!!  I guess that's done for my geraniums [:(]

Geordie, I promise there will be snow aplenty in Normandy.  We loved Normandy and could happily have bought there until we went in January last year to check on the weather.  We reluctantly gave up on Normandy to look further south.  Mind you, given the cold here today, I think perhaps we should have bought in Normandy after all.

For the past couple of years we've had snow in Normandy - in February.  Never been there at the right time to see it though and probably best left to when the place is habitable I suppose!

But we saw some video of the fields and countryside around our house and it was so beautiful and QUIET.

Looking forward to seeing it for myself ...

we had snow in Limousin on Thursday - enough to turn the ground white, but it didn't stay around for more than a few hours.

Last February we had 60cms of snow in under 24 hours and all you could hear were the pine tree branches breaking under the weight - very eerie!

Now it's -2 and very blustery - makes the fires draw well and identifies all the gaps in the insulation!

[quote user="hoverfrog"]Now it's -2 and very blustery - makes the fires draw well and identifies all the gaps in the insulation![/quote]

Tell me about gaps in the insulation.  We have had a roaring fire for days in our sitting-room but the part where we sit in for watching TV has a gale force blowing through the gaps in the skirting.  OH says he'd better get some coloured silicone and squirt it all round the skirting boards.  Hope that works, otherwise will have to move the TV and that won't be easy given where the TV point is (and the room is a fair old size)

Krusty, where are you? we are in verviale near eymoutiers. we are hoping to spend more time there and possibly take early retirement, but the recent change in health laws for EU members looks like it will be impossible as we are only fifty, and I doubt if we could afford private medical insurance for 15 years as we will not receive a state pension until we are 65 years old, although we will have private pensions as soon as we retire. So unless my other half works it is a problem. It is nice to see someone from 87 on the forum.

sweet 17, we've got an old wooden door does that into the room we are temporarily using as a sitting room.Not at the stage to change it yet(or renovate it. ) So today we hunted out a huge kingsize fleece blanket and hung it around the door, very swish--not.

Stopped the draughts and now lovely and warm. Just hope no-one knocks and needs to get in. I never thought i'd be living in pre -victorian times but never mind only 5 months to go and we should be finished the house.

near to a small village called domps.   We are here permanently early retired , dont be put off retiring early , if you qualify for an e106 you can get up two years cover and by then the private health care should be more affordable thanks to competition , after all it has happened in Spain and there are a lot more brits there.