I've fallen in love with...

Goldfish

a beautiful house in the Limousin [:)] I found it by accident as I was sure that Normandy was the best place for us to live. But I'm in love with the house and grounds & after spending literally all weekend reading up on the Limousin & more importantly Lac de Saint-Pardoux I am sure this is the place we need to be.

To move to Lisieux although bringing cultural changes seems to resemble our life here...a few minutes drive into the country, a few minutes drive in the opposite direction to the city. And the bonus of not too long a journey home.

To move to Lac de Saint-Pardoux will mean a total change in lifestyle. More oportunity to persue watersports & horse riding, a quieter pace of life, becoming part of a small hamlet instead of living in a town etc & of course less holidays home with the children because the travelling time would be too long (although that doesn't worry us too much).

Do you live in either area?

What are they like to live in?

Do we play safe and go to Lisieux or go the whole way and move to the Limousin?

All opinions welcome

I've fallen in love with your dogs! Are they Chinese vomiting dogs? Jayjay has a couple of those.

Only you know where you want to live, and if I was you I would go the whole pig, and buy a place in St Tropez. It's so lovely and sunny and you get all those salamaders walking up the walls. Good luck Missus[:)]

(I had a goldfish)

They are lovely whatever they are!

I was thinking there this morning about a woman that used to rent cats from me, she said to me one day  "How do we know that cats don't get married" I think about that quite often, and not just about cats! What about seagulls? They could fly off to St Lucia to get married without the expense of a plane ticket or having to spend hours hanging round airports having strange large women looking into their bums. Do you ever wish you were a seagull?

[quote user="Goldfish"]...a beautiful house in the Limousin [:)] I found it by accident as I was sure that Normandy was the best place for us to live. But I'm in love with the house and grounds & after spending literally all weekend reading up on the Limousin & more importantly Lac de Saint-Pardoux I am sure this is the place we need to be.

[/quote]Can I ask, have you been to the Limousin, or did you see the house on a website?

Hello Mr Nix[:D]

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]

Evening Mrs Tresco[kiss]

They have a lovely place in Limousin that has all the buildings made of red stone, I think it's called Colombe Rouge. It's cheaper there too than Calvados.

[/quote]

Is this the type you mean nix?  I fitted some windows to it the other day...what do you think?

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/weedonwite/Nicejobonthewindows.jpg[/IMG]

Shur that could be me aunty Etty's house at the end of the boreen! She is a grand woman indeed. I remember when I was only a young lad back in Kildare, I used to skip round to her house every sunday after mass, because I knew she got her jelly sweets out every sunday. I would be in the living room chatting away to her about all the owl whores in Kildare. I would say "I have to go for a widdle now aunty Etty" and I would saunter passed the bag of jellies on the sideboard and slip one into me knickers as I went by on me way out to the garden, then after me wee, I would limp back into the living room letting on I hurt me leg and hold onto the sideboard for support wailing in pain and slip another jelly into me underpants. After about the 9th widdle, me poor aunty got terrible suspicous and said "are you in the continent Furry O'Toole" I am, I said to me aunty "bejaney me jellies are near gone" she said to me. "I can't even have a few jellies in the kip" she said to me, I ran out of the house and said "I will see ya next sunday" and a jelly dropped out of me trouser leg as I ran out the door "come here till I get ya" shouted me aunty, I went back and confessed that I had took all her jellies and removed them from me underpants and handed them back to her. She was delighted that I had confessed and said I could keep them cos she would not eat them after being in me underwear!

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="Weedon"]Is this the type you mean nix?  I fitted some windows to it the other day...what do you think?[/quote]
Crikey, that's dreadful.[:'(]
[/quote]

Quite right Tresco...definitely wants another coat of emulsion[:-))]

This man has got a couple of chinese vomiting dogs....I don't think he quite understands about taking them for a walk!

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/weedonwite/Vomitingchinesepugs.jpg[/IMG]

Or they could be those Albanian skating pugs!

[quote user="Christine Animal"]...Mrs. Tresco, there's your ploughman above ![/quote]

On the ball as ever, Mts A.[:D]

However we have all been very norty.

I hope the OP (who seems to have a sunny disposition) will forgive (or even enjoy) the merry-making in the thread he/she started.

Personnally I love both regions.........   Depending on what you re looking for, where you come from in the UK, if you intend to go back on a regular basis, etc...*

In Normandy you are close to the UK, you ve got the ferry, a lovely region, really, with a lot of gastronomy, history, countryside..

In the Limousin you have beautiful countryside, warmer summers , but colder winters. You re further from the UK.

Basically, I think one has to choose THE place, where you feeel HOME .