DY France Forum

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, someone told me I shouldn't use kids in reference to children and explain why he thought so.

Why do you detest this word? (please note I did not use it again [:)])

It is quite a strong statement to make about a word.

[:D]good one, Cassis. Where does the word come from anyway?

And what about sprag? What does it mean and what origin,? Also sprig and sprug for that matter. But not spreg.

English is such a rich language.

[quote user="Patf"]

And what about sprag? What does it mean and what origin,? Also sprig and sprug for that matter. But not spreg.

English is such a rich language.

[/quote]

Sprag, sprug, spreg?  Have you been licking the toad again? [;-)]

[quote user="nounoupie"]

Oh Clair

dont get me wrong ! Its just me - it is used all the time - just a word I don't like - my son  doesn't like the word 'gills' we don't know why its just a word he doesn't like

strange world eh\!!!!!

[/quote]

That's really weird because I dislike the word Logophobia.  Logo, I don't mind and I'm okay with Phobia (as a word) but put the two together and I even had to force myself to type it.

Is there a knack (no pun intended) to this ferret business.  It seems to me that rather like ski jumping, there comes a time when you just have to go for it.  I'd hate to think that the ferret might get more out of it than me even though I count myself as unselfish.

I have noticed that squirrels seem to prefer going down ladies tops whilst ferrets seem to be just a male thing, is this preference based on human or animal choice do you think?