DY France Forum

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its paranoia actually.

I am a member of DIY and was never told that I couldn't join - in fact I got the go ahead straight away

It seems to me that there is alot of jealousy going on - between certain people - especially the Mods on here

DIY is exactly as it says - and what a breath of fresh air it is. But then that is only my opinion,

And if I am banned for this then so be it!!!

but I, as an 'outsider' who likes to lurk - there is alot of mods on here that go on DIY and lurk as well then 'report' back

I  thought we had left the playground [8-)]

oh by the way - as far as I know nothing is edited - its exactly as you see it - bit like life really!

Nounoupie, most of us have left the playground, except for the few who are held captives there, chained  and manacled to it.

Why is this so reminescent of the Bob Dylan masterpiece:

"Something is happening, and you don't know what it is....do you, Mr. Q?" (I mean, Mr. Jones)

Time to go back to that link?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Going to visit the hunting witches of this other diabolical forum is an option for most. Leave your agenda behind, go with an open mind, engage in dialogue, judge for yourself.

The funniest thing of all,  is how this polemic turns into the biggest publicity stunt one could engineer for such a small, unobtrusive and innocuous (for the most part)  forum.

I thought that the rules of THIS forum forbade the discussion of other forums, regardless of their content.  I remember well that this rule was invoked when all the hoo-har about Thatsfrance forum was exercising people's minds on here.

Perhaps someone could clarify why it seems now possible to discuss other forums without the Mods invoking this forum's rules.

oops, sorry, correcting spelling error! [:)]

Well yes, quite Thibault. 

This thread is becoming rather like a waiting room for the other one, as prospective members wait on tenter-hooks for their acceptance emails. 

There was indeed a tacit agreement between this forum's owners and those of thatsfrance, that this forum would not used as an arena for voicing dissatisfaction about how the other was run and moderated.  AFAIK no such arrangement exists between this forum and the DIY forum.  But even so, I think we can probably now say that enough is enough, can't we?

I can't see any need to delete or lock this thread, and there is already a bickering thread especially for those that just want to let off a little steam.  Anyone waiting to make contact or chat with anyone on the other forum should join and use the other forum. Simple, really.

Why should either be considered "the best"? They are both totally different. Most will probably prefer this forum, some will prefer the other, a few of us like both. Although I agree that there is probably too much adverse comment about each forum on the other, it's no big deal. There are far more important things to worry about.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Don't agree Dick - it's a load of grown ups bickering about who's gang is the best.  Can't be bothered with either at the moment[:)]

Please ban me somebody - or at least give me a warning[:D]

[/quote]

Well, to quote the oft-used phrase, if you aren't interested, don't read it.

I beg to differ.  I have recently made several comments of an extremely witty and amusing nature.  Or so they seemed at the time.  But I was very, very, drunk and toking a large spliff when I made them so my judgement may have been impaired.

Nah, my sister is trying to decide whether to register and I want to be as impaired as possible so she makes her own decision. And my brother has gone AWOL again. We think he was seen getting on a young mothers' outing coach going off to the mountains for a long weekend, and have informed the gendarmes but they just laughed. WB in a coach full of birds is a recipe for ..... I just don't wanna know. Last time the smile he had on his face lasted months.

[quote user="Clair"]

Does that mean we will actually be able to notice the difference in the content of your posts?

[/quote]

Whoah!  Hang on there, honey!  This is one of my posts sober:

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/complete/post2.jpg[/IMG]

And this is one when under the influence:

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/complete/post.jpg[/IMG]

I think the difference is clear.  And WB, WBB and WBS are even more different.

As for WBSIL, don't ask!  What a nutter!!!!!!

Happy to help.  [:)]

Now, what else needs sorting out around here?  Anybody got a leak that needs plugging?  A plug that needs leaking?  A lead that needs progging?  A prog that needs leading?

I'm up for it, down for it and bending over backwards if necessary.