Fuel Prices Northern Spain

[quote user="Mel"]If you can make it a bit further in the Pug, you will find unleaded and diesel are still about 8p a litre in the UAE...[/quote]

Mel, you are waaaaaaaay out of date.

Diesel in Dubai is up to ADH 18 per gallon, which means about 54p / litre.  Petrol is a LOT cheaper at ADH 6.25 / gal ie 19p /litre.

I popped across the border the other day and petrol was about 28 centimes cheaper per litre but I go to stock up on toiletries which are much, much cheaper than here in Haute-Garonne. Not sure how much cheaper diesel is though, sorry.

Err - is paint cheaper in Spain?

Last Saterday we paid 1 euro 32c per litre at La Jonquera.

We had been for a day out to the beach, try some new spanish wines which seem to have improved greatly over the years, another thing we also stocked up on  was Gouda and parmessan! the gouda is nearly 1 euro 50 per kilo cheaper than France........

In answer to the OP - we live 20 mins from the border in Perpignan and have found that the fuel is always, without exception, cheaper over the border in Catalonia (not 'Northern Spain' - call it 'Spain' to the locals there at your own risk - they won't even speak Spanish! )

We often drive to Jonquera to fill up - I am baffled as to why the French fill up at the station just prior to the border on the French side - it is usually at least 20/30 cents dearer than in Jonquera which is only 10/15 mins away at the most.

Old rivalries perhaps...?

Anyway, strangely, we have found the diesel we buy in Catalonia seems to last longer than the 'stuff' we buy locally...

I struggle with Catalan, think in German word order but with Latin words but can understand it unlike Basque which for me is off the planet. Coming 'home' / back to France was amazed that the fuel stations did not have last stop before the border save 0,10  a litre