Tornado in and around Hautmont, Northern France

Keni

Having viewed the pics online from The Telegraph, I was amazed at the scale of damage from the freak tornado, as it is being described. I hope no-one was seriously injured - it does not give any information in the pictorial.

Compared to the tornadoes we have been having around this area, it looks to be on a much larger scale.  Which area was it in - Normady or Brittany?

Have a look on  the Telegraph web site  -what is ahppening to the weather?

Thanks Maricopa,

I see the government has already sent ministers to see what is needed, I hope they will be more use that what happened here in Evesham last year - some of us are still waiting for insurance payouts, never mind an assessor!!

[quote user="Maricopa"]Depending on which news report you watch, there are 3 dead and between 9 and 14 injured[:(].  It looked like a bomb had gone off, not a small tornado.  It was in dept 59 (Nord, in Nord-pas de Calais)[/quote]

Ah, could you be closer to the truth than you realise. Was it really a tornado? Look at the damage. It is too extreme for a European tornado. I reckon the government knows more than they are letting on.[6]

"Ah, could you be closer to the truth than you realise. Was it really a tornado? Look at the damage. It is too extreme for a European tornado. I reckon the government knows more than they are letting on."

Well there is the matter of all that missing semtex, oh and bomb makers in Limoux......

Just to add to the conspiracy theory.

Look at the plaque de matriculation of the one car shown in the rubble, it has a French symbol on the plate indicating a plate made over here but the number REX MISS ????????

Fiat 126 by the look of it, clearly the wheels of choice for home made bomb makers.

I wonder if they had registered with the Mairie?

[quote user="Maricopa"]Depending on which news report you watch, there are 3 dead and between 9 and 14 injured[:(].  It looked like a bomb had gone off, not a small tornado.  [/quote]

To quote myself, I merely said it "looked like a bomb had gone off".  Today on TF1 they had film from a helicopter clearly showing the path of a Tornado (the wind, not the aircarft) across the fields and then through the village.   The number injured had risen to 18, but thankfully no further rise in those who unfortunately died.

Edit: Thanks Clair! And the B is so near the P on my keyboard..........not!