David Bowie

Llantony

Who cares about the green-eye'd/blue-eye'd one...if anyone see's a Bay City Roller twirling his furry sporran in public here please let me know...[:-))]

Yep, I was a BCR fan...tartan strides and all - tried to faint (it was the thing to do) at their Sydney concert in '76 but got caught and carried out by a hunky security guard too soon [;-)]

I liked Eric...[:$]

Aahhh, the 70's...

[quote user="Stuart"] He does have a "pad" in France, not more than 30 minutes from my place. I know this because I've done work on it 3 years ago and met the gent for the 6th time in my life going back over 30 years. He's even on my Xmas card list.. [/quote]

Whereabouts in France are you?

I live within 2 1/2 hours of Bordeaux. Mr.Bowie is a good 2 hours drive from you.

I throw in the fact that he has another 2 properties within the French main land.

He has only visited these houses twice in the last 6 years.

I know he occassionaly browses forums..Hence my obligation to

remain tight lipped.Plus I was a fan from 1969..

]Someone told me that Johnny Depp has a home at Ill de Re near La Rochelle. Not sure how true this is. Anyone know of any other celebs who have homes in France ?

Well, define celebrity!   Richard & Judy have a place at St Paul de Vence nr Nice, Wogan is said to have somewhere in the Gers.  There's been a lot of guff about Angelina Joli (I think) living in France and recently producing twins.  Chef Ken Hom had a place in France a while ago.  Jarvis Cocker lives in Paris.  There must be loads on the Riviera - I know some Rolling Stones had places there years ago.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Both !! If he s on my list and I can't send it cos I have no real address, what s the point ?? lol

[/quote]

Good point! 

Although I think if it were addressed to  'Paul McCartney, England'  it would probably get there.

Might not make it to the mantlepiece though [:-))]

I wonder how many sack-fulls of cards he gets each year from random people?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Jura"] Who cares about the green-eye'd/blue-eye'd one...if anyone see's a Bay City Roller twirling his furry sporran in public here please let me know...[:-))]

Yep, I was a BCR fan...tartan strides and all - tried to faint (it was the thing to do) at their Sydney concert in '76 but got caught and carried out by a hunky security guard too soon [;-)]

I liked Eric...[:$]

Aahhh, the 70's... [/quote]

Jura, I lived in a wee Scottish village in the 70s (it's now a city suburb, lol), across the road from Eric's aunt + uncle - every weekend they were bombarded with hordes of hormonal teenage girls hoping was there to visit them!  He did, apparently, come to visit them occasionally - usually when I was at school. [:D]

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]I thought Johnny Depp had a property on the south of France? Perhaps he has two. One of the best actors out there.[/quote]

Weeeell, local rumour has it that he and the lovely Vanessa are house-hunting in the Aude . . . I haven't yet seen them in the local supermarkets! [:-))]