Spring is sprung

NormanH

Down here we have had three splendid days of warm sunshine.

Today I spent from 12:30 till 17:30 in 19/20°  on a the  local square, on a café terrace amidst French,  Spanish, North African and Eastern European people promenading, having a café, wine, or beer  and soaking up the sun under an air-blue sky.

All for 7 euros ..

What a pleasure to forget the credit crunch for an afternoon

[quote user="NormanH"]Down here we have had three splendid days of warm sunshine.
Today I spent from 12:30 till 17:30 in 19/20°  on a the  local square, on a café terrace amidst French,  Spanish, North African and Eastern European people promenading, having a café, wine, or beer  and soaking up the sun under an air-blue sky.
All for 7 euros ..
What a pleasure to forget the credit crunch for an afternoon

[/quote]

Which one of them did you pay the 7€ to? is it cheaper to look at an Eastern European?..just wondered like.......

[quote user="woolybanana"]Normie baby, did you actually ask those people their origins? If not, why mention it?[/quote]

Because I know them, (although I live in a large town I am in a sort of village within the centre ville)  and I am happy to live in a multi-cultural 'quartier'  unlike some Brits who live in 'La France profonde' and  seem to imply they are in France to escape immigrants.

I just found it really nice to be out there all happy together because the sun was shining. 

Which one of them did you pay the 7€ to? is it cheaper to look at an Eastern European?..just wondered like.......

The

7 euros was my bar bill...but my ice-cream cornet was a present from a

Rom woman who begs at the parking metre, and whom I treat with respect...

Our crocuses came out the day before yesterday, they are in several colours as well. My garden is multi cultural although I think one or two of my plants may be illegal immigrants [:)] Not wishing to brag, oh OK I do, it has been around 19 deg in the shade for the last couple of days but blinking cold at night.

[quote user="NormanH"]Down here we have had three splendid days of warm sunshine.

All for 7 euros ..

What a pleasure to forget the credit crunch for an afternoon  [/quote]

You fortunate person you; we have had glorious sunshine for the past few days, but if you wanted to sit in the square you would need to wear your jacket. But at least we get to don our sunglasses as the sun has been very bright.

Edit: Today, naturally, it is cloudy and chilly!

Sue

My mate has just phoned me from Selsea not at all far from you, he relished asking me what the weather was like here (usual Picardy grey) so that he could inform me that they were sat in the sun on their terrace watching the boats.

But I guess that stuck in an office you cant appreciate the weather.

Selsey?...Is his name Bill?

Southsea..Is his name Phil?

I saw two vapour trails in the azure blue sky depicting a perfect St Andrew's Cross and felt very homesick....Strange that a Scottish symbol should make me miss France but there you go. The auld alliance is alive an well.       

Daffs/crocus/camellia/jonquille +1 rose out,birds in nesting boxes,perhaps just looking.Just BBQ'd sardines,bought at at busy Dinard market.Sunny but still that chilly breeze especially at night.Loads of baby lizards trying to warm up on the window sills.Still using the logs up at night.

Regards.

[quote user="hakunamatata"]Just out of interest do you think Spring might have sprung back a bit this week?  Very windy, weather warnings and extremely cold here.  Just as we were getting the shorts out of storage![/quote]

Snow overnight, max temp looks as if it is going to rocket up to minus 2 - I too think the spring has broken

After working in the garden just about every morning last week and previous week, this week has been wet and cold.  Managed to get outside yesterday and today for an hour or so but the wind chill is really bad atm.

Still, tidying things, moving things, relocating the composters all needs to be done so if it's too cold to set seeds and dig the ground, make the bestest of it.