Lawyer, please

Hi Frenchie.

We used a notaire in Chef Boutonne a couple of years ago. He's French but his English was excellant.

Monsieur Prestat.

I only have his fax number to hand but I'm sure he will be in pages jaunes.

Hope this helps.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Thanks very much for your answer, but  I really  need  a lawyer.

Going to court against a con person .

[/quote]

I would never suggest that lawyers are conmen but if you want to keep money in your pocket stay well away from them.

Has the conman even got any money to pay you? Do you think he doesn't know how to avoid lawyers and courts?

Take a deep breathe and think of some other way or swallow your pride and get on with life...

Frenchie I do not agree with everything that dog says being a lawyer and I will not try or even attempt to justify our fees that is not the purpose of this response.

However Frenchie I have seen at first hand here their system be it civil or penal. I agree with Dog think hard about the issue. Think even harder about the money and then think again. It is easier and quicker to get judgments in the UK as against France and time is money so the Avocats let us say go with the wind and the Tribunal system here can take for ages. Again the Avocats know that and quite often they insist on up front money from you and you must have a fairly bottomless pit to keep pace with it.

The secret both here and in the UK is one of ok I have got the judgment but now what do I do. It is one thing to wave a bit of paper about like the guy coming off the plane immediately before the second world war but totally another to obtain ones cash.

Even if this 'alleged' conman and please he is not guilty until so proven has assets I bet by the time you get the judgment there will be no assets.

[quote user="Frenchie"] Thanks very much for your answer, but  I really  need  a lawyer.  [/quote]

Sorry Frenchie, my French isn't that good and thought that notaire was a lawyer. [:$]

What is french for lawyer?

Hope you have a satisfactory outcome which ever route you decide. Good luck.