Euromillions in France

Is it possible to play the euromillions lottery online in France as I know that you can't buy UK tickets online from here. We tried to find the official website but got a couple that looked legit but weren't (one wanted payment in US dollars) we gave up. Don't want to get ripped off-just want a little flutter.

My business plan is based on me winning the Euromillions lottery.  The problem is that I forget to buy tickets and if by some miracle, I get one in the tabac, I forget to check the numbers.  Great business plan, eh?

I get to sleep at night, working out how to spend my win.  [Www]  Mr C doesn't get a look-in.

I used to have an idea that if I ever won the lottery, I wouldn't tell anyone.  One day, when back in the UK, I was in a pub checking my emails by Wifi and I had a message from Camelot to check my online account as I had a win.  I was looking around the pub, wondering whether I would be able to resist telling everyone.  Sadly, it was only £10 or so so not even enough to buy everyone there a round.

[quote user="bubbles"]Been away from UK pubs for a while now but I suspect that £10 wouldn't even be enough to buy your own round these days.[/quote]

Now in Weatherspoons on a Thursday your £10 will buy two curries and two pints with two pence change.

[quote user="Quillan"]Yep and with naff interest rates in the UK £1m will get you £5k per year in interest.[/quote]

Q, you do like  bit of propaganda, your statement is totally outrageous . Anybody in the UK with  £1m to invest would get a much better return than that. Still don't let the truth get in the way of your fantasies otherwise you might start to regret investing your "all" in France. [:D]

[quote user="NickP"]

[quote user="Quillan"]Yep and with naff interest rates in the UK £1m will get you £5k per year in interest.[/quote]

Q, you do like  bit of propaganda, your statement is totally outrageous . Anybody in the UK with  £1m to invest would get a much better return than that. Still don't let the truth get in the way of your fantasies otherwise you might start to regret investing your "all" in France. [:D]

[/quote]

No not really if you want to invest and live off the interest. Most of these accounts have limits if you want 2.5 or 3% interest. If you simply want to live off the interest then your down to 0.5 or 1% if your lucky. You need to read the small print. (Source) Of course if you don't mind locking your money away for five or ten years then its a different matter.

[quote user="NickP"]Q, you know as well as I do; that people who have £1m to invest don't go to high st banks for their financial advice. But of course if thats what you do, so be it. [Www][/quote]

I am talking about lottery wins. In the UK, should you be lucky enough to win the UK or Euro Millions lottery an account is opened for you a Coutts and it is their 'advisers' that give you different options as to what you can do with the money. It is explained to you that the the amount of interest gained is proportionate to the amount of risk taken, the higher the risk, the bigger your return. It is also pointed out that with higher risk investments your capital can go down as well as up. It then depends on what you want to do with the money, most people spend on average half and invest whats left to give them an income drawn monthly. With high risk investments it is very difficulty, if not impossible, to draw a monthly income. Coutts interest rates are not too dissimilar RBS as it is them who now own Coutts after they bought Nat West who were their previous owners.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="NickP"]Q, you know as well as I do; that people who have £1m to invest don't go to high st banks for their financial advice. But of course if thats what you do, so be it. [Www][/quote]

I am talking about lottery wins. In the UK, should you be lucky enough to win the UK or Euro Millions lottery an account is opened for you a Coutts and it is their 'advisers' that give you different options as to what you can do with the money. It is explained to you that the the amount of interest gained is proportionate to the amount of risk taken, the higher the risk, the bigger your return. It is also pointed out that with higher risk investments your capital can go down as well as up. It then depends on what you want to do with the money, most people spend on average half and invest whats left to give them an income drawn monthly. With high risk investments it is very difficulty, if not impossible, to draw a monthly income. Coutts interest rates are not too dissimilar RBS as it is them who now own Coutts after they bought Nat West who were their previous owners.

[/quote]

You didn't say that at the start, you just said that £1m on naff  UK rates would get you £5000 interest, movable goalposts Q [:P] P.S Camelot recomend Drummonds mate. [;-)]