Integration, isolation, friendships... (offshot from the DSK thread)

Rabbie

Cooperlola , Rose and anyone else who has cancer. When I made that comment about what an old 'friend 'had said about people who don't think positively enough, I sincerely hope that this did not upset anyone. I don't read a lot of the threads on this forum but I have  just stumbled upon the one beneath this one- 'other topics'. So now I'm feeling clumsy and insensitive, sorry.

My husband has a retrovirus ( evidence is now showing that this was possibly  from a vaccination) and was found to be positive last year. At the moment there is no treatment, hence the amount of pain he is in. This retro virus (XMRV) is known to start many cancers   and is a worry.  Thinking of you all who are ill.

I am rather tired at the moment, will write something tomorrow about the other things raised. Good night.

Sarah

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Sara"]

Cooperlola , Rose and anyone else who has cancer. When I made that comment about what an old 'friend 'had said about people who don't think positively enough, I sincerely hope that this did not upset anyone.

[/quote]

Sara - NO, NO, NO ... you have not in away offended me or upset me and I'm sure Coops will feel the same.  We were just agreeing with you... you're friends crazy... in my opinion [:D]

I hope you slept well xx

Russethouse, I've put my name down for a taster session of Nordic Walking at the end of next week, here in UK. I was told about it by my physio, and it's to be held in the park close to where I have treatment. It's for people who want to get fit and/or lose weight following cancer treatment. I know Cendrillon is already experienced in this and very keen, and I remember others on here who have mentioned it.

Sara, I don't think anyone would have been upset by your post. I think it would be great if all who were very positive people recovered well from their cancers, but sadly I don't think that's so. Interesting link, though.

I've also found walking groups in both UK and France very social; I've met many people in the 2 walking groups where I'm a member in France. In one in particular, members are almost all French, and I've made quite a few friends there.

I think a walking group sounds like fun, perhaps I will join one in the future. My parents used to belong to the ramblers assoc in England and I know they met a lot of interesting people.

At the moment (without boring you all) I am very busy, not during the school holdays but when I take my child to school.  The day passes  very quickly, probably because I start cooking at 11.00 so that our lunch is ready for when  my son comes home at 12.15 -The afternoon is spent gardening or cleaning (normally we , hubbie and I do this together). My OH likes to keep his body moving as much as possible. 

The best time for me to join an activity would be in the evening, but to be honest I am happy watching the tv with my husband, especially in the winter. Getting lazy perhaps....

I suspect the point of making the effort to join something like a walking group is that the liklihood is that you would be viewed as you, not X's wife or y's mother. In addition an hour or two away can help put things in perspective and give you an opportunity just to be 'you' for a couple of hours.

Is there no chance your husband  and son could have a snack for lunch every now and then, does your husband drive ?

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="Sara"]

Cooperlola , Rose and anyone else who has cancer. When I made that comment about what an old 'friend 'had said about people who don't think positively enough, I sincerely hope that this did not upset anyone.

[/quote]

Sara - NO, NO, NO ... you have not in away offended me or upset me and I'm sure Coops will feel the same.  We were just agreeing with you... you're friends crazy... in my opinion [:D]

I hope you slept well xx
[/quote]Exactly.  I have a lot of time for negativity.  If you have something to moan, or indeed weep buckets, about - then do so.  Keeping your feelings hidden or covering them up with  all this "positive" guff is not good for you.

Sara, our walkers do a few moonlit walks throughout the year, as do those of the neighbouring villages.  And they have some social events too.

Yes, I think your both right, I will look into it. Yes my husband does drive, not sure for how long though as he is getting worse. That is why we go out a lot now, as we do not know what he will be like this time next year.

Quite funny , this morning we all got ready for a day on the beach, pic nic was packed. We drove 10 miles down the road and the weather had changed, big black clouds appeared and it was really cold. Came home and ate there instead. We try....

,Many thanks]

Sarah