DSK, can we believe this?

[quote user="pachapapa"]

It is of note that the population of South Africa are privileged to enjoy objective journalism; a refreshing change if I may say so from the subjectivity of the french press.

[/quote] Or indeed of the Murdoch press

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The recent report that Morgenthau and Vance were not on speaking terms now seems to be unfounded.

«Pendant des décennies, nous avons donné pour instruction aux procureurs de Manhattan de rechercher la justice, rien que la justice, d'enquêter afin de trouver la vérité, d'aller de l'avant sans crainte et sans partialité (...) L'activité récente du bureau du procureur (Vance) me prouve que tout cela est encore bien vivant», affirme-t-il

http://www.20minutes.fr/ledirect/755085/affaire-dsk-cyrus-vance-jr-soutien-predecesseur

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Well, you're right Christine.

And that recorded phone call, openly wondering how much money she could make with that alleged rape story......  

En français je dirais qu'elle est grillée, n'en déplaise à Mr Pachapapa and Mme Bettysomething ( don't remember ...)

[/quote]

A linguistic query that has been troubling me for a couple of days.

Could you advise me on which of the following three languages were used in the open conversation; namely Malinké, Susu or Fulani.

There would appear to have been some problems with the translation of the recording due to the two participants speaking a not widely used tribal dialect of one of the west african languages; your opinion on that would also be of interest.

The internet was awash with rumours a couple of weeks after all this started, from a girlfriend to him having had a couple of professional ladies in his room that morning.

If this was true and I'm not saying it is, then is that is some achiement if he had had the girlfriend round, was still feeling up to it so ordered a couple of other girls and then when they left, was still not satisfied and went after the maid. The wonders of little blue pills? Addiction? Simply virile?

I tried to look up how often people had sex and for the over 50's in France it kept saying 1.8 times per week. Now that sounds very unsatisfactory to me, well the 0.8 does. And my mind went to the quiz games, and frankly 'I've started so I'll finish' sounds a better idea than 'sorry I'm unable to continue, time is out' which would be a sorry state of affairs to miss out on the 0.2 of the session, or maybe that is just me.[:-))]

So, good old moral America is now convinced that France is just one gigantic maison close? This should increase the number of young tourists from over the pond pouring over to Paris for pecker tours, no doubt run by a recently resigned NY congressman who sent photos of his johnson to ladies not of their acquaintance and who seems not to have appreciated that his name is Weiner!

And there we have the difficulty, what a mother considers 'right'  and 'proper' for her daughter, may not be the same behaviour as she expects from her son.

So I take this statement with a pinch of salt if her mother was anything like mine. Mine had no concern for my brother's behaviour whatever he did.

[quote user="idun"]

And there we have the difficulty, what a mother considers 'right'  and 'proper' for her daughter, may not be the same behaviour as she expects from her son.

So I take this statement with a pinch of salt if her mother was anything like mine. Mine had no concern for my brother's behaviour whatever he did.

[/quote]

You mean she didn't even tell him about "frenchies" and "french ticklers".

Disgraceful!!

[:D][:D][:D]

Heartening to see the weekend girding of loins of black religious and human rights leaders regarding the conduct past and present of the New York State District Attorney.

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/756265/affaire-dsk-communaute-noire-new-york-exige-proces-natifassou-diallo

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/10/new.york.strauss.kahn/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I was looking for a link about this the other day, as I had seen some reports on french tv last week about demonstrations by the black community wanting this trial to go ahead.

And my mother, mention anything sexual, you have got to be joking! Not on your life would she have done that.

DSK not the 18th of july but the 1st of august.

L'audience de DSK à New York reportée au 1er août
La prochaine audience de Dominique Strauss-Kahn devant la justice américaine, initialement prévue le 18 juillet, a été reportée au 1er août, annoncent ses avocats lundi dans un communiqué.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/attys_strauss_kahn_nyc_court_date_Be9dtUtKguoRPdo1kPkUOP

The New York Times this morning has an informative column on the workings of the immigrant asylum seekers applications.

Whilst it would appear that NOTARIOS are willing to twist a good story to the advantage of the applicant; somewhat like notaires in france.

The column should be read in light of the DSK trial and the nefarious attempts by the little fat lawyer to besmirch the character and probity of the guinean chamber maid.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/12/nyregion/immigrants-may-be-fed-false-stories-to-bolster-asylum-pleas.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

Tristane Banon was on Fr2 news tonight. What an articulate young woman and so composed in spite of the questions she was asked. I wish her well with her case.

She is 31 now, so she was just 23 and he was 53, more than old enough to be her father.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"]I know that "American justice" is a bit of an oxymoron, but I'm astounded that the prime witness in a case that is both sub judice and a bit wobbly is allowed anywhere near the media at this stage. In many other jurisdictions she'd now be facing contempt charges, wouldn't she?

What a bloody circus.
[/quote]

I am astounded at your moderate plagiarism of the big fat ugly lawyers " unseemly circus" epithet but presumably you consider the insertion of swear words to be relevant or am I mistaken in that the "b" word is actually a synergistic replacement for your apparent inability to punctuate with an exclamation mark.

Quote: I know that "American justice" is a bit of an oxymoron: unquote.

I am not sure what "oxymoron " means but I must agree that one has a significant chance obtaining justice in a due legal process in the United States of America.

Not the case however, for example, in France or the southern part of the United Kingdom.