Oscars.

pachapapa

At breakfast this morning whilst listening to France Info I was puzzled by the repetitive diction of Oh Scars.

Listening more attentively I was able to surmise that this was the way the Parigot BoBos pronounce Oscars.(Os Cars)

Obviously their international cultural references do not stretch beyond the Ile de France.

IMHO any competition based on judges opinion/passing of brown envelopes rather than furthest/fastest/highest/deepest is a waste of space. Added to which anything involving "celebrities" is a further waste of space.

And so many people complain that bankers are overpaid.

John 

Exactly my thoughts, NormanH. ZE  ahrrteeste, ad infinitum.... and unashamedly.[:'(]

You would have thought that some of these people might just be a little more self-conscious about their atrocious pronunciation of English...[geek] Now they will think they are just being cute.[blink]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="pachapapa"]I thought it was white & black![/quote]It is. [/quote]

Well that's two reasons for giving it a miss.[:)]

[/quote]I thought it was quite wonderful.  It's also technically French so the pronounciation debate is moot, is it not (or should that be mute?)

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="pachapapa"]I thought it was white & black![/quote]It is. [/quote]

Well that's two reasons for giving it a miss.[:)]

[/quote]I thought it was quite wonderful.  It's also technically French so the pronounciation debate is moot, is it not (or should that be mute?)[/quote]

And it's not in 3D.

Three good reasons!