So, red wine, sex and Roquefort are the secrets of a long life?

Well I don't really drink much wine, although a few times a year I'll have a glass of something like Cote du Rhone, I like 'em younger and fruity, grand crus are not for me, it isn't that I cannot taste the difference, I just don't like the difference.

I don't like Roquefort.

And I'm 59 so not young but not really old. I know what I like and whether I live long or not, I would prefer my life to have what I like in it.

[quote user="woolybanana"]So, when you deliberately have them together, is this a deliberate ploy to rule out the carnality, RH, or is it old age memory, in that you cant remember which combination of the three gives you a pain!!![/quote]

I haven't had red wine and cheese (or chocolate) together for at least 35 years, my children are 31 and 28...,,,,, draw your own conclusion :-)

BTW I love cheese and red wine....chocolate I can live without....

Actually, for women it's olive oil, port wine and chocolate - World's oldest woman with a verified age

Jeanne Calment died aged 122 years, 164 days in 1997

Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram (2.2 lb) of chocolate every week.

I don't drink 'booze' really. The odd glass during the year, but no more. I love vintage port, but frankly the last time I had some good stuff was for the Revillon 31st Dec 1999. I have a bottle awaiting me, for my birthday in April. So I doubt that I drink enough port to have any effect.

AND if I ate a kilo of chocolate a week, they'd need a crane to get me out of here.

I had actually thought it was the 'oie' ladies that lived the longest, from the Toulouse region.