Paciifica Insurance

minnie

To cut a long story short I'm in dispute with Pacifica over a household insurance (lightning strike) claim. They will only give me phone numbers despite saying that we should have an email address for contact. Can anyone give me a contact email address for any branch of Pacifica household. I can then escalate my debate via that email address. Essentally Pacifica have asked for a letter from Chauffagiste to confirm that the lightning had caused the damage to the electronic board on the boiler. Chauffagiste says it is up to Insurance company to send them a form to fill in. Being completely new on insurance claims I don't know who is right...

I'm afraid that I can't help with an email address (although having been in discussion with them over the last couple of days, they readily supplied an email address).

Maybe a way forward is to draft a letter from the Chauffagiste for him to sign and that you can then forward?  You may of course have to draft something in your own best French, have him correct any errors (no sleight intended!) and re-do the letter.

A pain I know, but as we all know, insurance companies operate very much to their rules rather than yours.  That way, you'll be complying with their request and hopefully get a result.

Best of luck. 

When I was in a not dissimilar situation I got hold of the Paris HQ telephone number of the insurance company and played the "little confused" client,  explaining that I wasn't getting anywhere with my local agence.  

It worked a treat,  the local agence was on the phone next morning SCREAMING at me for having reported him to HQ.   When I still didn't get anywhere I repeated the operation,   and got a second dose of screaming (I think he was a bit unstable in fact) but also got a result.

I do wish you luck,  it's a long road.

When we had a recent problem with CA and Pacifica, we went to usual contact lady at the Bank, sat down with her and got her to ring them and sort it out. She was in a better position to debate the point with head office. They sold us the insurance so they should work for us.

I agree with Lehaut, our only claim with pacifica household was complicated by the driver of the ups lorry that took our guttering off refusing to admit he had done it.

We took the pictures and insurance documentation down to the CA advisor who sold it, and she sorted it over the phone in minutes. we had permission to get the work done and the payout within days of submitting the bill for repairs.

Let CA work for repeat business.

• 2 weeks later...
After getting an email address for Pacifica from Credit Agricole we eventually persuaded the chauffagiste to send an email to them. Basically all it said was that the damage to the boiler was caused by a lightning strike. Bingo - the payment for 800 euros was in our bank within 24 hours. It took some effort but we got there in the end.