Another of those 'is France better than the UK' articles

Mildly amusing and clearly written by someone who's just had a holiday stay in a chateau in France[;-)]

So, OF COURSE, that qualifies them to write an article encompassing all of their knowledge of everything French!  They might have  had to resort to some statistics that are already out there about GDP and the growth or otherwise of the French economy and pass those off as some precious gem revealed to the general readership but, hey, who's going to notice that?

A combination of such staggering ignorance and know-all is to be pitied indeed.

Try day to day living here for a start, he might change his mind and also the fact that most people have to manage on very little money compared to their UK counterparts who mostly live on credit and keeping up with the neighbours. Whilst it read favourably about France, it is a typical holiday maker's impression and nothing like real life at all and he probably doesn't have to worry where the next meal is coming from or if there is enough to pay the next bill!

Well I like both countries, and enjoy pretty much the best parts of each in the 6 months or so we spend in each. But he really did go on. He's never come across dirty toilets in France while travelling on those wonderful autoroutes? He's never seen the litter and mess around plus all the tags sprayed in so many places? And he really thinks that all those lovely meals were freshly made for him and weren't made in factories? He might sit around at home and discuss wine d - but we know what to do with it in both France and England.

Made me smile, just the usual...... but thanks NH, a while since I have read such an article.

And no mention of just how expensive those wonderful autoroutes are, and being thankful that they don't charge for 'how long' one is on them rather than distance when it is the change over days as traffic jams are horrific.

[quote user="nomoss"]A very accurate and factual article, which should encourage more Brits to buy houses here.

[/quote]

What???? I cannot agree.  Autoroutes yes, town centres no ... really I've seen plenty that have no cafes, no pedestrianisation, no castles.. . and some that are downright depressing and dirty ...etc etc ... agree John - nice photo of Carca ... and I rather doubt the accuracy of the economic stats ... and nothing about Hollande's approval (or not) ratings .... nor why there are really that number of French in London ...

Agree with most of the other posters .... but I see he mentions not one word of that odd language most of us residents here have to  battle with every day, nor the burocracy! 

Typical rose tinted holidaymaker view, possibly similar to the one we all held once upon a time ...

And I like going back to speak my own language, where I find people friendly, supermarkets don't run out of goods for ever and you can still find good places to eat at sensible times!!! Oh, and a proper cup of tea!!