Christmas decorations - losing interest

chessie

Less is more in my house this year which for me is just perfect. Holly and ivy from the garden on the mantle piece with candles in some Swedish holders I've had for years. Front door wreath made by me with holly and ivy based on a frame I have had for years. on the coffee table a small arrangement of greenery and a few white flowers in a basket. Spray of assorted holly and ivy on kitchen door and that's about it.

Our small Christmas tree in a pot is in the front porch with a spray of stars (originally from Shaker)  bought in a charity shop for 99p. (My bargain buy of the year!) The little tree is still going strong after several years. If the tree is inside I decorate it with our collection of various decorations either home made or collected over many years....complete with their memories.

JOYEUX NOËL [:)] tlm

My MBOH still draws and has printed our own Christmas cards every year since I can remember (usually somewhere we have visited in the past year), and posts around a hundred of them to friends and acquaintances all over the world.

It costs us around a couple of hundred yuros a year to keep in touch with people we have met over the years and give them some idea of where we have been. The replies let us know who is still around and who still thinks Christmas cards are worth the effort[:D]

Decorations? Cards received and a bit of tinsel here and there. Just enough to remind us it's Christmas.

Our Swedish Christmas thingy and our town's efforts at decorating the lamp posts in the background

[URL=http://s857.photobucket.com/user/nomoss/media/IMG_0833_zps8u1wmp8i.jpg.html][IMG]http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab131/nomoss/IMG_0833_zps8u1wmp8i.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

We don't put up any decorations now, I really don't see the point for just two of us and there's no children. I'm sending out less cards now, although more e-cards and messages, but seriously toying with no cards except for elderly relatives who still consider these things have meaning and making a good charity donation instead.

It's not bah-humbug but, without children, there's very little to get excited about at Christmas.