Priorité à gauche

So when exactly did 'Priorité à gauche' become a rule in the UK highway code....???? and I don't mean roundabouts.

I GOT nearly taken out three times in the UK by cars (and one feccin lorry) just pulling out without any care or attention. I can't believe how dangerous the UK has become for driving.

On the first occasion when we nearly died, OH said, 'if this was in France you would have gone mad'. ......and to be fair she was right. I would have done.

Sorry, but the Franch beats the British now in driving standards.

P.S don't get me started about parking....particularly (no offence) with women in oversized SUV's that just can't appreciate the fact that the car ain't going to fit !!!!! LOL

BUY A SMALLER CAR...YOU DAFT COW !!!!

Disclaimer, this all took place in Sussex and Hampshire.

Idiots.

Ouai, c'est comme ça en Sussex!

A neighbour of mine is a childminder, the yummie mummies are in constant competition for who can have the biggest brood and the largest vehicle to carry the little darlings despite living within walking distance they prefer to jam up the roads around the schools, the shops and my place, last years favorite was minibuses with blacked out Windows, this year it will no doubt be Humvees.

A pre-requisite to ownership is that you must not be able to see over the steering Wheel or to be able to park except on pavements, the pavements that the responsabe parents can no longer walk their children on.

A friend in Devon had his parked car and three others taken out in his street by one of those women driving a 4x4. When he came out to see the carnage, the woman angrily confronted him with the phrase "don't start, you have no idea how difficult it is to drive one of these"!

My point being of course that France gets a hard time on forums for driving standards, but the standard of driving in the UK has become worse. It is truly awful. It is a free for all. I hate driving in the UK now. So enough with the French bashing.

Another thing, why do UK drivers feel the need to put empty ski racks on their cars. ?

Just before xmas when I was in the UK, half the cars driving in and around Petersfield had empty ski racks. Seriously, we started to count them. One one morning I counted 15. There are no ski slopes in Sussex !!! Why do they do that ? If you are going skiing abroad this season, would it not be best to put them on the day before you leave like the rest of the world ???? I have not spotted one empty ski rack in France since being back.

It is all about feeling the need to impress your neighbours I guess. But why are their lives so empty that they feel the need to do that ? Strange behaviour.

Big pointless cars with empty ski racks. Welcome to Sussex.

How fortunate the OP didn't dare venture further East to London and Essex......

A nice relaxing trip along, say, the M25 and then the A 13 (London to Southend), passing through the edges of Basildon, (called locally, Alcatraz) and then the A 127.

Signals? Wot are these? It is mandatory to drive around sharp corners and roundabouts gabbing or sending text messages, checking which mission-critical new information has just hit your Faeacesbook page or Twatter account, changing the CD or selection on your iPlayer to ensure the sound system (replete with hugely load thudding bass) utterly prevents the driver hearing emergency sirens and the illegal blacked out windows and screen prevents catching the intense blue flashes.

Lane discipline; essential to continually swerve into and out of your lane to make sure other drivers' brakes work and they are awake.

Important to drive right on the vehicle in front's rear bumper, with lights on full beam at night; if a panel van (ideally white with a ladder rack and yards of pipe on the top) then they must endeavour to stay so near they are actually in the leading vehicle's boot.

The overriding and obligatory driving dictum is "Me First!"

Huge SUVs and 4X4s are permitted to park in disabled bays at supermarkets, to save the -usually -  vastly obese female driver, with, of course, the usual bleached hair and roots, nose rings, lip rings and tats, hair extensions and lovely little excessively long nails with union jacks on them, having to wobble too far for their next dose of ready meals, Coke, crisps, Prosecco, etc.

When parking outside the nearest off license at night, it is mandatory to (i) park on the wrong side of the road; (ii) On double Yellow lines; (iii) With the headlights on main beam to ensure oncoming drivers are completely dazzled and cannot see.

When entering a sub-road or turning into another road at a junction, never ever first ensure there is room to actually go forward; simply drive as fast as possible (cutting the corner, naturally) since the Me First dictum applies; identical when pulling out to overtake a stationery bus, juggernaut etc; always assume nothing is coming and if they are, well tough; me first once again applies.

Please read the first critical instruction in any SUV/4X4 handbook:

"Turn off brain before starting engine and pulling away."

Essential instructions for female 4X4/SUV drivers on the legendary "School Run".

Always ensure your brats depart from your vehicle on the road side and open the doors as far as possible in order to create a traffic hazard!

Always park as near to the school entrance as possible; zig zag lines and crossings can be totally ignored.

When parking, somewhere near the kerb (somewhere is defined as making sure your vehicle appears as if it has been abandoned near the crown of the road), always ensure you create the largest possible traffic obstruction and the largest potential hazard for other brats and their parents.