Niceest towns to live in in France

NormanH

My best friend in the village is house-hunting in Nantes and tells me that the moment a house or flat comes on the market, it's gone.

Couldn't resist sending her your link.  She has a son there and this might just give her that extra nudge to get her going.

I shall miss her terribly because we have done some enjoyable things together.  She claims she's improved her English through knowing me but she's returned the favour double fold with all the French things she's brought into my life.

In our unit, 4 days is the current record between being put on the market and being sold, just on the banks of the Loire in St Seb. Bizarrely, ours was for sale in the same unit for 2 year before we bought in in 2016. Nantes has come top again as the best place to work in France.

There are loads of these articles and they all contradict each other. They are all complete nonsense.

Here is a Complete France one.....

http://www.completefrance.com/living-in-france/retirement/best-places-to-retire-to-in-france-1-5381982

There are many more on the web. Grenoble being the best place to retire ???? followed by Angers and Tours. Annecy voted the overall best place to live in France and so on.

I'm sorry I can't vote Nantes and being the best place to live and work. Nightmare place. The weather, the traffic ect. It has become a victim of its own success. As everyone has said, they are building building building.

There are so many personal variables that using such a list to base your decisions on is pointless.

Furthermore, the British (it seems) have a different criteria to the French.

I have often said, that Tours is by far one of the best cities in France IMHO. I'm not biased because I did not choose to live here. But logically, it is.