Re: Is this forum dead? – Not yet I hope!

If there were a  serious thread about French life here you would have to be able to read and understand enough French to be able to contribute.

I do sometimes start such topics usually with links to articles in the French press...

Well given I can read and understand French I will be just fine then. I only read French websites and watch French TV. That is why I can't debate UK politics or talk about UK TV. I am just a bit insecure about my level.

Talking of which Mr Norman, I did a few online French tests to see if I could apply for Citizenship. My French was a lot higher than what is required. Whoooah.

Alittlebitmorefrench. Lol.

Probably not going to apply mind you.

Like Norman, I used to post stuff on France but few or no one seemed interested so I gave up.

I guess most people on here are more interested in what directly concerns them rather that wider French issues which is is very sad.

Having decent French and French TV does help, though.

Though this week I am in London and much concerned with the fox cubs in the garden and even in the house which was a shock!?.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Well given I can read and understand French I will be just fine then. I only read French websites and watch French TV. That is why I can't debate UK politics or talk about UK TV. I am just a bit insecure about my level.

Talking of which Mr Norman, I did a few online French tests to see if I could apply for Citizenship. My French was a lot higher than what is required. Whoooah.

Alittlebitmorefrench. Lol.

Probably not going to apply mind you.[/quote]

Isn't that a little bit like saying "I know how to drive, I'm a perfect driver but I'm probably not going to apply to take my driving test" LOL!!