What pompous windbags!,,,

Well it's obviously had just the effect they desired (said tongue-in-cheek). 

Today I looked at all the sites I had bookmarked during the search for my RDV, now doingit for for hubby, who has decided that he may have to have it (so that he can travel, I'm sure is the only reason, anti-jab as he usually is), and suddenly ALL of them but one say phone this number, and the one which doesn't has no availability when you get to it! 

I think I shall suggest he speaks to our GP!  He's 80 so could have it ages ago, but wouldn't!

Good luck with the search, Judith.

I expected this thread to be about our esteemed PM - how can he say something like this, even at a private meeting - always needs to be the clown and popular:

'Greed' and 'capitalism' helped UK's vaccines success, says PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56504546

[quote user="Judith-aka-Judith"]

Today I looked at all the sites I had bookmarked during the search for my RDV, now doingit for for hubby, who has decided that he may have to have it (so that he can travel, I'm sure is the only reason, anti-jab as he usually is), and suddenly ALL of them but one say phone this number, and the one which doesn't has no availability when you get to it! 

I think I shall suggest he speaks to our GP!  He's 80 so could have it ages ago, but wouldn't!

[/quote]

Judith, I heard on the news that the govt is going to set up a dedicated phone line to be used to contact people the age of your OH to offer them the vaccine if they haven't had it already.  It will also be the number the person themselves can ring if they should have had the vaccine on the grounds of their age but have been unable to obtain a RV.

As the roll out from Saturday will include anyone over 70 without comorbidities, I believe that the special phone line will include all the ones aged above 70.

As to the topic of the thread, I would have thought that, if anyone would understand what greed or capitalism is, it would be the great BJ himself?[:D]

[quote user="mint"][quote user="Judith-aka-Judith"]

[/quote]

Judith, I heard on the news that the govt is going to set up a dedicated phone line to be used to contact people the age of your OH to offer them the vaccine if they haven't had it already.  It will also be the number the person themselves can ring if they should have had the vaccine on the grounds of their age but have been unable to obtain a RV.

As the roll out from Saturday will include anyone over 70 without comorbidities, I believe that the special phone line will include all the ones aged above 70.

As to the topic of the thread, I would have thought that, if anyone would understand what greed or capitalism is, it would be the great BJ himself?[:D]

[/quote]

Mint, it was the usual Doctolib phone number.  And it is the phoning which is the problem, he won't, his French is not good enough ..

So Judith, what on earth will he do if something happens to you?

Now my husband usually leaves calls to me, and that is because he has had hearing problems since I met him not improving with the passage of time. Even with super duper modern hearing aids, it always depends on the pitch/tone etc of someone's voice as to whether he can understand them.

Hence I call and then if they need to speak to him, make sure that they realise I am passing him over and sometimes he can understand and more often than not, cannot.  We always manage.

Similar arrangement in our household, Idun.

He might like to try Bose HeaRphones. They work better for me than any of the several very expensive hearing aids I have tried over the years and at a fraction of the cost. Bit more obtrusive and when the rechargeable battery expires, you are supposed to throw the whole thing away (I will probably slice it open at that stage to see if I can find replaceable batteries for it before gluing it back together). But they have made a huge improvement in my life and, using Bluetooth, I can patch them directly to my mobile phone - although, as your husband finds, some voice tones are always going to be difficult.

Judith, on the doctolib site, you can register him as your "proche" and you can make the RV for him.  Or, if it's the phone, you can also ring and say you are making the RV for your husband.

All the public info do say that you can make the RV for another person who may be unable to do it for themselves.

But Macron WAS talking about a new dedicated phone line in order to make it easier for those elderly not yet able to get RVs.  Will know on Saturday because that's when the new additional procedure is due to be announced officially.

Idun,

He'd cope .. probably ... or get a friend to help .. who can speak French.  Seriously, he did manage before I came, and he does if I am not here, but the older he gets, the lazier he gets.  Sometimes, I rebel, and say he has to do it, but hang around as he usually gets stuck, he doesn't hear / understand what they say back .. it's comprehension, not deafness. [Edited to correct my typos, I really should not post so late at night!]