delivering kids for UK visit

Debra

Tried ringing Ryanair etc, and explaining the situation? If hubby is coming/going back, then he'll have no luggage, just a cabin bag? So check in OUGHT to be easier? You don't lose owt by asking.

I know they aren't the esiest people to deal with, but when I've dealt with them, they have been VERY helpful.

Could the kids not TRAVEL alone and be met at the other end? I know airlines have facilities for that.

Alcazar

Debra, I do not think that you will be allowed to check your children on a flight without an adult checking in with them, I know their dad will either be checking in or waiting in the lounge for them, but I think you will find Hurdles.

As far as I know , only `posh` airlines will take unaccompanied children , and then only so many per flight as they have to be minded by one of the steward/esses.
Monarch being one, as we looked into it for ours to have a holiday with grandad.

When they have large numbers of unaccompanied minors on flights (i.e. during school holidays) BA employ extra staff "aunties" to accompany the UMs.

Debra,

Many airlines have very quick turnarounds expecially Ryanair, the longer the aircraft is on the ground the more it costs the airline. So check-in for the outbound flight may well be "closed" before the inbound flight has touched down.

Don't even think about (although I appreciate that it's not your idea).  It won't work.

He'd have to be present to check in with them, & the in / out timings with any airline (let alone the low cost carriers) would preclude it. Your last sentence (on your 1st post) is spot-on.

Hope you can work something out. 

Flybe do unaccompanied minors service (from memory it was £14)   Young niece and friend's grandchildren have come to Toulouse using this with no problems (youngest aged 9).  Don't know if they have a flight to a convenient airport.

• 4 weeks later...