Telepeage doofer........

Alcazar

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Cassis"]The holder and doofer should only fit one way around, regardless of supplier. 

Best position the holder up behind the rear view mirror - just make sure you can get the doofer in and out in case you have to take it out for some reason.
[/quote]

That is:

on the windscreen

up behind the rear view mirror - just make sure you can get the doofer in and out in case you have to take it out for some reason.

I just have this uncomfortable feeling Fay may have stuck the holder to the back of the mirror.

And Ian, sad?  No, not if we are helping folk

Hi all

no... in an unprecedented move for me, I read the instructions and followed them exactly.

Stuck it to the windscreen just behind and to the left of the mirror so that it doesn't obscure any view, with the clip that lets it slide out on my side, as if I need to get it out when I'm driving alone, I can reach easily. By placing it thus, the only way round the doofer will clip into place is with the bar code facing inwards.

Oh what the heck, I'll find out soon enough, if this bloomin' rain doesn't prevent me from getting to the Tunnel!

Thanks again.

[quote user="St_Jacques"]

Thanks for the blue tac tip - often wondered if I called into one of their bureaus on the autoroutes if they'd give me a new sticky thing?

[/quote]

If you write and ask SANEF, they'll post you one.

[quote user="Fay"]...., the only way round the doofer will clip into place is with the bar code facing inwards. ....[/quote]

Yes, in spite of what someboday said a page or two back, the barcode *does* face inwards, and in the case of mine, it's also upside down!

Still works though...   [:)]

Angela

• 2 weeks later...
Oh the joy and smugness! Especially when the evil woman tried to cut me up, flashing me like mad, to get ahead of me before I entered the 'point of no return'. Waved cheerily to her as I sailed through...It's scary the first time, though, as you creep closer, closer, closer waiting for that beep!

[quote user="Ian Horn"]

My doofer is now emitting more of a strangled croak than a sprightly beep.  Sounds like a grumpy old doofer.

I think that the heat of the Summer got to him.

[/quote]

Used the motorway the other day for the 1st time in a month.

I'm sure that you'll all be delighted to hear that he seems to have recovered his voice and wishes to thank all for their messages of concern.

[quote user="Ian Horn"][quote user="Ian Horn"]

My doofer is now emitting more of a strangled croak than a sprightly beep.  Sounds like a grumpy old doofer.

I think that the heat of the Summer got to him.

[/quote]

Used the motorway the other day for the 1st time in a month.

I'm sure that you'll all be delighted to hear that he seems to have recovered his voice and wishes to thank all for their messages of concern.

[/quote]

SOME FOLKS THAT DO A LOT OF DRIVING MIGHT FIND THIS NEW DEVICE USEFUL.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/oneleo/seatbelts.jpg

LEO