Michael O'Leary , how do you sleep at night?

LEO

The shame of it all is that RyanAir have such a truculent attitude.

Instead of saying "Hey! we are doing all we can to make flying affordable for you - we have cut out the frills, so please live with our cheap 'n' cheerfull service". They say "You want cheap, we will give you cheap - but don't expect nice. Also we will find sly ways to chisel a bit more loot from you".

What a stupid loss of goodwill.

Overheard at a Ryanair board meeting. (allegedly)

"What can we do to improve customer services in the Poitiers area?"

"I know, lets cancel all flights between October and March".

[:@][:@][:@]

C'mon Easyjet, there's a vibrant market here for the taking....................................

Wrong I'm afraid Wilko.

Flights from and to Poitiers are (or should I say were) always busy and I speak from experience over quite a few years.

Dear Mr Oleary currently has an bit of a battle with BAA at Stansted over landing fees and decided to simply park the planes and s*d the customers.

This is all despite the fact that he receives considerable financial incentives by way of reduced landing fees from the COC in Vienne.

Fly Ryanair in future ?,   personally, I'd rather walk.......................................

What did they say ? and what's the email/number ?

Flights from and to Poitiers are (or should I say were) always busy and I speak from experience over quite a few years.

He looks at the numbers, they dont add up, so he cancels, he's not running social services. 

Dear Mr Oleary currently has an bit of a battle with BAA at Stansted over landing fees and decided to simply park the planes and s*d the customers.

He always negotiates.........hard. He does not park his planes, he can't afford to, they are transferred to more profitable routes.

This is all despite the fact that he receives considerable financial incentives by way of reduced landing fees from the COC in Vienne.

So what !!!!

Fly Ryanair in future ?,   personally, I'd rather walk.......................................

Biting off nose to spite face??

Regds Wilko

This is a bit like taking a horse to water etc.

What I posted is fact and if you take the trouble to research it, all the details are out there.

As regards biting my nose off, well I prefer to see it as simply having principles. Something sadly lacking in todays society.

I posted the original problems we had with Ryanair, just search and you will find, if you can be bothered, of course.

Gary.

Make yourself a cup of coffee and just Google 'Ryanair'

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

I think Ron's point was that RA does comply with UK DDA regulations within that jurisdiction.  I'd have thought that arrangements at foreign airports would be the responsibility of the individual airport rather than the carrier.

[/quote]

In January Mrs Benjamin (in wheelchair) and I flew from Malaga to Bristol with EasyJet.

She, together with another lady in a wheelchair, were taken from the terminal building in a specially adapted vehicle to the foot of the boarding steps. The other lady, who was quite large, was then carried up the steps on what can only be described as a BAR STOOL with a back and arm rests by two Spanish ground crew.

Mrs Benjamin watched this with increasing trepidation as the two men clearly struggled to man handle this lady. When it was her turn a third member of staff was called (even though she was very lightweight compared to the other lady) and the three of them each grabbed a corner of the bar stool and carried her up the steps. At this point I was being restrained by EasyJet crew as I attempted to get down the steps to protest at this totally demeaning treatment of these two ladies.

This is the worst it has ever been. Normally Mrs Benjamin, with me in tow, are boarded from the opposite side of the aircraft to the passengers in a vehicle with a hydraulic lift. I don't think we'll bother flying to Malaga again.

I think of any of the low cost airlines as buses - I expect nothing in terms of comfort, ease of use or friendly service. If I get any of those, it's a bonus. If I don't, I've usually managed to get where I've been going on time etc and I feel I've got the basics of  what I've paid for. This is all fine if I'm on my own or with my own family.

My father, though,  travels in a wheel chair although he can walk a few steps. We've experienced the highs and lows of travelling with him, the very lowest still being in Stanstead.

Regardless of who I'm travelling with though, I feel that if passengers are in any way outside the box, both the airline and airport ground staff and the on board crew are at a loss as to what to do.

Its always soft rain in Ireland so from that standpoint everything else is just normal.

He must be every PR's company a nightmare but he makes money.   How does he make money he buys in right sells it right and in selling gets us on his plane. Equally beneficial tax brakes in Eire which of course extend to those of a literal bent.

Of course empty planes as far as he is concerned linked with no subsidy from say the council in Rodez equates to madness so faced with that he would try to send you to the moon.  Did not Branson suggest that once upon a time.

Therefore if you do not like what you are buying why buy it.

I do not like what I see and will not travel with them but thats exercising my personal rights.

Essentially why complain against something when you have the opportunity to say no.

Therefore if you do not like what you are buying why buy it.

Essentially why complain against something when you have the opportunity to say no.

Now that is the voice of reason, i use them cos i have to, no point whingeing about them then booking with them. One of the reasons i am where i am, near to ryanair flights back to UK. Can you imagine how much our excursions would cost if it wasn't for cheap airlines forcing down the costs, poor service???? so what, they get you there and back.

Now, global warming caused by the frequency of no frill airlines !! thats a different story [;-)]

Now, global warming caused by the frequency of no frill airlines !! thats a different story

I still don't buy it, particualrly when I see the air jollies that the proponents of that argument put forward.

It's very easy for people who have no need to travel to jump on the eco bandwagon and be counted in the eco statistics. But that's a distortion.

I will continue to travel because of the massive contribution it makes to the economy and to achieving my objectives during my 3 score years and 10.

I'm in Ecosse at the moment, having flown from Bristol with Easyjet. The pilot claimed, and I'm sure it can be verified, that the packed plane - no spare seats - used 22 gallons of kersosene per passenger. Compare that with the  consumption of 18 litres per person on the train alternative - Virgin. But a lot of their trains run half empty, with empty first class carriages. As for the road alternative - forget it. No frill sairlines don't distinguish

Flying is a beneficial means of transport for those who want to travel.

I heard an airline executive make a very pertinent comment last year. "Build one mile of railway or road and I'll take you exactly one mile. Build me one mile of runway and I'll take you anywhere"

Kevinmc

At the risk of causing thread drift I reckon 22 Gallons per passenger might be a bit high unless you had a very lengthy flight.

Back of the envelope/ for the sake of illustration figures: An Airbus A320 will "burn" around 2.4 tonnes of fuel on a 1 hour sector, which is roughly 720 gallons.  Assuming 100 pax (to keep the sums easy ) this gives just over 7 gallons per passenger per hour, .....obviously a longer flight uses more fuel but to an extent that is offset by the fact that a longer percentage of the flight is spent at high altitude.   

Stefan,

It was an Easyjet Airbus 319, fully loaded - no spare seats. Maybe it was litres not gallons, but the units the pilot quoted were what stuck in my mind. 22 for the flight - about an hour. 18 for rail - I'm assuming a full train, which they never are.

I'm still convinced that modern efficient air travel is a benefit, not a curse.