Summer Flight schedules

Deby

Ryanair have some of their 2008 schedules on their website now.

Those in the Lot and Aveyron must have been relieved to see daily Rodez flights back on from March 30.  The airport at Rodez is now closed for building work and I suspect the  enclosure and clearing out of the car park, so if you left your old banger in there, somebody must own that red Astra up by the flying school and that blue L reg Mondeo on the left as you enter the car park, but they won't be there much longer it seems.

• 4 weeks later...

Peter ...............

Yes, I noticed.  But sadly, they've dumped Avignon as a destination ex Southampton & Exeter, so no use whatsoever to us southerners.

We all know that you can never count on the lc airlines to maintain routes: it's all a question of yield vs cost etc. Shame though - by all accounts, the flights were mostly full.  Problem I think was that the Avignon runway is quite short and they had to use turboprops down from the UK which are quite small and optimised for short domestic sectors.

Unfortunately, Ryanair's prices are currently wild - £175 pp round trip for early June.  Better looking at BA in to Marseille (or even, the train!)

"Unfortunately, Ryanair's prices are currently wild - £175 pp round trip for early June.  Better looking at BA in to Marseille (or even, the train!)"

No better waiting until 60 days before the flight  date when the price drops, by then all the "must be on that plane" passengers will have paid premium prices and the fares then drop for 46 days, then they go back up steeply to catch last minute bookings.  This is not my opinion,  it is that of Simon Calder the well respected Travel Editor of the Independent and he should know.

Yes, bizarrely they've kept flights going through the Winter (up until March I think) except for the dates you've quoted, but nothing for the Summer. I emailed their customer service yesterday and got an immediate reply (due credit for that) saying "If a destination isn't showing now for the Summer, we're not running it. Sorry."

Unless there's been a change since I looked yesterday morning, that's it I'm afraid.

Ron - you're absolutely right re Ryanair's prices, but the problem is that there's about 60 people wanting to take a flight on or around the same date for our son's wedding down here. Tricky! 

[quote user="Gardian"]Unless there's been a change since I looked yesterday morning, that's it I'm afraid.[/quote]

Phew!  I'm a bit of a plonker - since that exchange of emails with Flybe, they've put the Avignon Summer flts up on the website (to Southampton & Exeter).

Sorry for the confusion.

but the problem is that there's about 60 people wanting to take a flight on or around the same date for our son's wedding down here. Tricky! 

I know what you mean we had a plane load to Naples last year. so make sure that they all go or if not they cancel well before the flight date.  We had to change people going to our daughter's wedding at the last minute with EasyJet,  there was a name change fee and we had to pay the difference between the fare on the date booked £100 per person to that of the change date £220 per person for four people.  We had to recoup the loss by serving tripe and onions instead of caviar at the rception.[:D]