Ryanair's new website

LEO

I have copied this from Ryanair's new website;

some useful info on charges

(UK Pounds/Euro or local currency equivalent)

Booked on www.ryanair.com

Booked via a Call Centre* or Airport

UK Pounds

Euro

UK Pounds

Euro

Flight Change Fees - Per Passenger/ Per One Way Flight

£18.50

€25.00

£30.00

€45.00

Name Change Fee - Per Passenger
Fee only sold at a call centre* or the airport ticket desk

Not Available Online

Not Available Online

£70.00*

€100.00*

Infant Fee - Per Infant/Per One Way flight (must be under 2 years for both outbound and return flight)

£10.00

€15.00

£10.00

€15.00

Checked Baggage Fees - (Each passenger is permitted to check-in up to 3 bags with a maximum combined weight of 15kgs )

1st Bag – Per bag/ Per One Way Flight

2nd & 3rd Bag – Per bag/ Per One Way Flight

£6.00

£12.00

€9.00

€18.00

£12.00

£12.00

€18.00

€18.00

Online Check-In/ Priority Boarding Fee - Per Passenger/ Per One Way Flight – (Passengers who check-in online receive free priority boarding)

Free

Free

Free*

Free*

Airport Priority Boarding Fee - Per passenger/ Per One Way Flight

£3.00

€4.00

£3.00

€4.00

Airport Check-In Fee - Per passenger/ Per One Way Flight

£3.00

€4.00

£3.00

€4.00

Excess Baggage Fee - Per Kilo
Fee can only be purchased at the airport ticket desk

Not Available Online

Not Available Online

£7.50

€10.00

Sports Equipment *Per Item/ Per One Way Flight

£25.00

€30.00

£30.00

€40.00

Infant Equipment *(car/booster/travel cot) Fee charged per Item/ Per One Way Flight (1 pushchair carried free of charge)

£6.00

€9.00

£12.00

€18.00

Musical Instrument *Per Item/ Per One Way Flight

£25.00

€30.00

£30.00

€40.00

Credit Card/ELV Fee - Per passenger/ Per One Way Flight

£3.00

€4.00

£3.00

€4.00

Debit Card Fee - Per passenger/ Per One Way Flight

£1.00

€1.50

£1.00

€1.50

Maybe it's just me being dim, but I can't seem to find a link on the new site to "find cheapest fares".  On the old site it was possible to choose two dates, a departure and destination airport, and the site would list all the flights and prices on the same page. 

Unless it's that Ryanair Bargains thing, but that's a download, and at the moment nothing in the Bargains section is working.

[quote user="P2"]

I note that the site does not show the inclusive price i.e. including taxes until part of the way through. I thought in order to comply it was required to show this at the first stage of an enquiry - the way that BA and easyJet operate.

Paul

[/quote]

The transparency of flight charges will be shown on the Ryanair site before the end of March. According to reports from Ryanair given to the BBC the changes carried out on their site over the weekend were only for planned improvements and that they would comply with the inclusive pricing ruling by the end of March.

Baz

[quote user="Cat"]

Maybe it's just me being dim, but I can't seem to find a link on the new site to "find cheapest fares".  On the old site it was possible to choose two dates, a departure and destination airport, and the site would list all the flights and prices on the same page. 

Unless it's that Ryanair Bargains thing, but that's a download, and at the moment nothing in the Bargains section is working.

[/quote]

Never seen this on the Ryanair site Cathy, Jet 2 have it as do some other airlines and travel sites, but its not a feature I can remember seeing on Ryanair, you just hit the next day or previous day button to get other options unless I missed it.

I posted on here on an earlier post that i am being charged £18 per bag on our flights east midlands to limoges.Seeing your charges list,i am just wondering why they are charging this on this flight.Maybe it was a mistake I will have to check again.Do they usually up the baggage costs on the cheap flights?I paid £36 for two adults.

Cathy,

Yes it has gone. It used to be there on the old site but I can't see it one this one. However, to check for the cheaper flights you could use this.

http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/

Just one other question for Ryanair frequent flyers. Using the Check n'go, you can print out your boarding card prior to the flight.

Does this just print the card for the outbound leg or for the inbound leg as well?

If not and you are away for more than 5 days and if you don't have access to a computer, do you have to check in at the desk, for which you will be charged?

[quote user="PeterG"]

Just one other question for Ryanair frequent flyers. Using the Check n'go, you can print out your boarding card prior to the flight.

Does this just print the card for the outbound leg or for the inbound leg as well?

If not and you are away for more than 5 days and if you don't have access to a computer, do you have to check in at the desk, for which you will be charged?

[/quote]

As the web site states you can check-in between 5 days an 4 hours before departure, so if you are returning in less than 5 days then you could check-in for both flights, but you would have to check-in  the outbound and inbound flights separately to get you boarding passes, so if you have no access to Internet and you are staying longer than 5 days, then you would have to check-in at the airport and then you would be charged extra.

Thats is how I interpret the conditions on 'Check n'go'

You could try an internet cafe, check in there and print the necessary document.

1. Thats what we did recently on a trip to Rome, cost us 1 euro for internet access and another to print off boarding cards, there were other people in their doing the same thing!  I think most Ryan Air destinations would have an internet cafe - it is not as if destinations are in outer Mongolia -  mind you in rural France you might struggle! :-)

There site seeem very slow though. I know Ryan Air get alot of bashing, but their low fares are superb and you do get what you pay for!  I am never certain that things will run smoothly as there is little back up service when things go wrong, but for us, so far so good as we havent been stuck in an airport or destination for days waiting for a flight out or chasing luggage.  BA is another story.

deby

Last year I had used check n'go outbound, and had made arrangements to use the computer in the office at the camp site (very nice owners) for my return trip check-in, but when I tried to check-in for the return trip the printer was out of order!! [:-))] I didn't find that out until I had checked-in and was unable to print off my boarding pass ! and there was not enough time left to go elsewhere to print one off.

I turned up at Limoges airport expecting some degree of hassle, but no, I went to the Ryanair desk were I explained my situation (in English[:)]) I was taken to the front of the extremely long check-in desk queue and issued with my boarding pass [:D] I did get some strange looks from the other passengers!. But one up for Ryanair courtesy and politeness  I say

I am also going to have a moan about Aer Lingus - they advertise their fares Belfast to London Heathrow 19 quid one way inc taxes, but it never is!  There fare is quoted as £1 then they load the taxes on it - you would think hey here comes the other £18, but no!  add another £6 to the £18 which is a 'handling fee'.  In all their advertising it states £19 flights inc taxes, but then you pay the handling fee, plus any card fee.  Mr O Leary must feel victimised.

Deby

Just checked my flight again and it is DEFINETLY £18 for checkin and bag.This is more than my flight that is £9 Each way.How can they advertise these prices but charge £18.Am I doing something wrong do you think.I will travel without a bag but would prefer to share a case with my hubby.What do you reckon?????My flight is east midland limoges and back

[quote user="cowoman"]Just checked my flight again and it is DEFINETLY £18 for checkin and bag.This is more than my flight that is £9 Each way.How can they advertise these prices but charge £18.Am I doing something wrong do you think.I will travel without a bag but would prefer to share a case with my hubby.What do you reckon?????My flight is east midland limoges and back[/quote]

£18 that sounds right to me if  you both have 1 bag and you both check-in at the airport = £36 each way: your fare plus £6 for 1 bag + £3 airport check-in = £18 per person each way.

If you want the cheapest fare then no bags, check-in on line, and pay with a visa electron card. Easy

So where it says ......

One bag and airport check in   £18, also INCLUDES the flight?????

I dont know why I didnt realise that before

If thats the case then i take back all i said about Ryanair

Thanks for that then much appreciated,glad I aired it on the forum

France will be pleased that I will now be taking more than one change of clothes.

Your help please. Never used Ryanair before or their website BUT... Today tried to book flights for daughter+granddaughter for return trips Bournemouth -Nantes mid to end August. Each time I put the dates in, that's it,nothing. Is it meant to be difficult,or is it just me?

Regards.

Are there flights every day?  If nothing comes up, it is usually either because all the flights are already booked, or because there are no flights on that day.  Try using the "next day" option to the right of the no-flights-available message.

[quote user="Gastines"]

Your help please. Never used Ryanair before or their website BUT... Today tried to book flights for daughter+granddaughter for return trips Bournemouth -Nantes mid to end August. Each time I put the dates in, that's it,nothing. Is it meant to be difficult,or is it just me?

[/quote]

Ryanair have just released 1m cheap flights today. I think it is a system overload that is causing problems.

'Cowomen'

I don't understand you last post! are you satisfied now that your fare is correct?

If you don't mind telling me what your total figure was, it might help to understand what you have been charged for.

We paid £8 each.Each way totaling £32

Then £4 For using debit card

Then when we went to book our bag

It said ...One bag and checkin   £18

So me thinking it was £18 per bag didnt bother.Normally it says at this stage £6 per bag

It dosn't normally add it all together at this stage.

Thanks for trying to understand this for me.