ryan air baggage

[quote user="Barbel Bob"]

Hi,

Does ryan air allow bacon and sausages to be carried in hand luggage?????  I really miss them and have someone coming over who will bring some with them, please say yes!!!

Had a look on the web site and cannot see anything?

Thanks julie

[/quote]

Not sure about bacon and sausages but they confiscated our foie gras in tins last time!!

Perhaps you may be asked to test them like people had to do with babies milk [6]

I think its the airport/customs who stop you carrying food through and particularly on the French side, i came back with haggis from UK no problem and had friends who brought back bacon. Stick it in your bag, i'm sure UK customs will have no problem, Hugh.

[quote user="Barbel Bob"]Does ryan air allow bacon and sausages to be carried in hand luggage?????  [/quote]

Well, if it's in their hand luggage, there's always a chance that anything that might be remotely construed as 'potentially explosive' will be confiscated.

Tell them to put it in their checked baggage & if they haven't got any, then  ................ hope for the best & stick it up their jumper! 

[quote user="Barbel Bob"]

Hi,

Does ryan air allow bacon and sausages to be carried in hand luggage?????  I really miss them and have someone coming over who will bring some with them, please say yes!!!

Thanks julie

[/quote]

Julie, there are two superb suppliers (Brits) of locally raised British rare breed organic pigs in 24, both of whom sell both sausages and bacon, proper struff, not the water filled, chemically enhanced supermarket stuff - why have the meat brought over from the UK?

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

Julie, there are two superb suppliers (Brits) of locally raised British rare breed organic pigs in 24, both of whom sell both sausages and bacon, proper struff, not the water filled, chemically enhanced supermarket stuff - why have the meat brought over from the UK?

[/quote] Tony can you PM me the details, are they reasonally priced????