Green Card

I have recently had a renewal notice from my car insurance providers (Churchill) stating that the Green Card now only offers Third Party cover in the EU and if I want comprehensive cover I have to pay extra. When I rang them they said that a 2 week trip to France, for example, would be £18. This is OK for a 'one off' but as a frequent traveller it mounts up.

Has anyone got experience of this? Are all companies adopting this policy? Do any of the insurance companies offer a year's cover?

And are these definitely Fully Comprehensive because I thought I had that but when I read the policy document it said it was Third Party cover only for EU even though my policy is Comprehensive? I wondered if all companies are the same but will try the 2 suggested. Thanks.

Sorry Tandem - just realised you said 'comprehensive' in your text.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Try also Saga, The Farmers Union (yes really) and I think Marks& Spencer for annual comprehensive Green Card cover at no extra cost.

I expect there are lots of others too

[/quote]

Plus with M&S UK and European breakdown cover from the RAC

Paul

I am with Lloyds Tsb, I had taken out a policy which if I had an accident this year I would be fully covered, and boy am I glad I did, ( Ialso had the AA five star policy) In March I wrote off my vechile after skidding on cow poooo and ending up in a ditch. I was given a car for 3 weeks and then on my return had a people carrier, I got paid most of the market value for my car, and bought another which when I told my insurance people they contuined the policy and gave me a refund!

I tried M & S which included RAC European Breakdown and Green Card but the quote was £110 more than my exisiting quote so I suppose you pay for it one way or another.

I will still try one or two others before I give up!!