Stansted Meeting Point

I shall be arriving at Stansted this wednesday and have arranged to be met under the four structural steel columns at the south east corner of the passenger terminal adjacent to the checker car facility. Can anyone confirm that the image below is current and that no deceiving structural modifications have been made.

Many thanks![:)]

[IMG]http://www.checkercars.com/Web%20Photos/Stansted%20Airport%20Taxi.JPG[/IMG]

It looks similar to what I saw a couple of weeks ago. Just be aware that if you land late at night, the departures set down road access is closed at the roundabout, and the police seemed to be busy booking someone who tried to pick up her passengers on the access road that goes past the pick-up car park when I was there.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Thanks for info.Due in at 15:35. Big change from Poitiers Biard.[;-)]

No 20 minutes free parking.

[/quote]

Is Essex ready and prepared for the arrival of PPP.  20 minutes? there is no such thing in the UK as free parking. Funnily enough I'm old enough to remember the first parking meters being installed in London; and the statement that the money from parking meters would go towards providing cheap car parks. So Nick Clegg and his promises are nothing new.  Enjoy your visit PPP [:D]

Thanks! looking forward to it.

Dont worry Essex! I shall be immediately whisked away to rural worcestershire.

I remember the first attempts to install around Imperial in the 60s; we kept turning the pipes in the concrete.

They installed them in the summer vac; we returned in the autumn and got to work with pipe cutters.[:)]

The picture is correct but this is a drop off area and not a pick up area.  You will need to be there before your lift as any appearance of waiting or picking up will lead to being moved on or a fine.  You get there - car gets there - get in ASAP.  No greetings - no cheek kissing - fast getaway required.  The wardens can spot someone waiting for a pickup and can hover quite close.

I think the pick up area is about £2 for 20 mins which cuts it very fine.  Best bet is to get your lift to wait at the BP garage by the mid term parking entrance.  You phone them as you get into the terminal after clearing customs.  You follow signs to pick up area (the "arrivals" end of the terminal) by the time you get thare your lift should have arrived.  20 mins to load £2 cost.  Done it many times both arriving and picking up - is about the easiest proven option.

Stan is spot on but I think that the BP garage and McDonalds have got wise to this and will move you on too. 

I've seen several people given a ticket for picking up in the drop off area at the airport.

Note that if you stay 1 second past the 20 mins limit in the short stay carpark then it will cost you a tenner and not 2 quid.

Stansted used to be my favourite airport but now its just a money-grabbing machine

Chantal will park in one of the three short stay parkings, we will meet at the four columns and rush to the parking.

We presume the current rates on airport site are correct. We reckon to do it all in 30 minutes.[:-))]

Stansted Short Stay Parking prices

Duration

Price

0 - 30 minutes

£2.60

30 minutes - 1 hour

£4.70

1 - 2 hours

£9.00

2 - 3 hours

£11.00

3 - 4 hours

£13.50

4 - 5 hours

£15.50

5 - 6 hours

£17.00

6 - 9 hours

£19.00

9 - 18 hours

£29.50

18 - 24 hours

£31.50

Price per subsequent 24 hours or part thereof

£31.50

http://www.stanstedairport.com/portal/page/Stansted%5EGeneral%5ETo+and+from+Stansted%5EStansted+parking+options%5EStansted+Short+Stay+Parking/c25992b57c77d110VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

We assumed that the 15 minute option was not feasible and with a heavy penalty for longer periods.

Stansted Short Stay 15 Minute Pick-up

If you are picking up relatives or friends from the airport and you'll need to stop for less than 15 minutes, the 15 Minute Pick-up zone will be of interest to you.

Stansted Short Stay 15 Minute Pick-up prices

Duration

Price

Up to 15 minutes

£2.00

15 - 25 minutes

£5

25 - 45 minutes

£15

45 minutes - 2 hours

£30

2 - 24 hours

£70

Price per subsequent 24 hours or part thereof

£70

A minor correction to my devious plan to meet at the proposed first of the four piprd stanchions. Whilst easy to locate it had the disadvantage of being at the Departures end of the building. Sorry ,on an apple so cant do smilies. A superior strategy in future will be to meet at the penultimate or even the antepenultimate stanchion at the other north east end of the terminal building, adjacent to the pedestrian entrance from the short term carpark. I am happy to inform that all zas dond and dusted within the 30 minute period and we were soon speeding towards the M11

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="pachapapa"]A minor correction to my devious plan to meet at the proposed first of the four piprd stanchions. Whilst easy to locate it had the disadvantage of being at the Departures end of the building. Sorry ,on an apple so cant do smilies. A superior strategy in future will be to meet at the penultimate or even the antepenultimate stanchion at the other north east end of the terminal building, adjacent to the pedestrian entrance from the short term carpark. I am happy to inform that all zas dond and dusted within the 30 minute period and we were soon speeding towards the M11[/quote]

Yawn...

[quote user="Mel"][quote user="pachapapa"]A minor correction to my devious plan to meet at the proposed first of the four piprd stanchions. Whilst easy to locate it had the disadvantage of being at the Departures end of the building. Sorry ,on an apple so cant do smilies. A superior strategy in future will be to meet at the penultimate or even the antepenultimate stanchion at the other north east end of the terminal building, adjacent to the pedestrian entrance from the short term carpark. I am happy to inform that all zas dond and dusted within the 30 minute period and we were soon speeding towards the M11[/quote]

Yawn...
[/quote]

My apologies for the typographical errors in line 4.

[quote user="pachapapa"]A minor correction to my devious plan to meet at the proposed first of the four piprd stanchions. Whilst easy to locate it had the disadvantage of being at the Departures end of the building. Sorry ,on an apple so cant do smilies. A superior strategy in future will be to meet at the penultimate or even the antepenultimate stanchion at the other north east end of the terminal building, adjacent to the pedestrian entrance from the short term carpark. I am happy to inform that all zas dond and dusted within the 30 minute period and we were soon speeding towards the M11[/quote]

Will there be a book, or even a film - possibly featuring Clint Eastwood in the starring role?

No smilies I'm on Android!

[quote user="Salty Sam"]

Will there be a book, or even a film - possibly featuring Clint Eastwood in the starring role?

[/quote]

After that long walk at Stansted and sore feet; a concentrated course of udder cream has cured my feet.[:-))]

[quote user="idun"]

I am sure that my sister in  laws mother said that she used udder cream. I thought I had misheard, now you have mentioned it[:-))] what is it?

[/quote]

Last week, visited Hereford and was curious that eldest daughter bought some "udder cream"; apparently the right product for cows udders. Chantal explained that it was an excellent skin cream and particularly for feet after long walks. Very reasonably priced, a large pot is only a couple of quid. Essential kit for a Defender or Disco.

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="idun"]

I am sure that my sister in  laws mother said that she used udder cream. I thought I had misheard, now you have mentioned it[:-))] what is it?

[/quote]

Last week, visited Hereford and was curious that eldest daughter bought some "udder cream"; apparently the right product for cows udders. Chantal explained that it was an excellent skin cream and particularly for feet after long walks. Very reasonably priced, a large pot is only a couple of quid. Essential kit for a Defender or Disco.

[/quote]

It's also extremely good for those sensitive bits for long-distance cyclists

There's a company doing all sorts of products : http://www.udderlysmooth.co.uk/

Probably cheaper to buy the stuff direct from the farm though!!

Not connected with this company, just used their product (very successfully!) when doing a 450 km cycle ride last year.

Lou

There are other things intended for  animals that are good for humans. When I was going through a spell of flakey fingernails I used the cornucresine that I used for my horses hooves to improve them and it worked. The dark colour didn't look too impressive though.

Hoddy

[quote user="idun"]

[/quote]

Cream for use on udders perhaps?

John

[quote user="Salty Sam"]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://images.betanews.com/media/6861.jpg[/IMG]

Thankyou for that, udder cream, well I never, I really thought I had misheard. I don't think my ears work as well as they used to, there is an add on tv for a loan company and I'm sure that the woman does not say 'quick' and easy. So maybe she does if my SIL's mother said 'udder cream'.